Sox scouting Lyle Overbay

beck72

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I really dont follow the Sox minor league system at all so I'm just going off what I've seen other people say. Sorry if I seem a little ignorant when it comes to your prospects.

Hey Joe, are you my cousin? LOL.

We lived in Brookfield WI for a few years, loved it and love Milwaukee. Great town and great people.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Here's another question:

If we switched Brian Anderson and Bmac, would you do it then?

Anderson/Marte for Burnett??

BMac/Tracy for Overbay??

Does it really make a difference?

Burnett is not coveted unless there is an extension. I'd rather keep BMac than Anderson so if you're going to make a trade for Overbay I would perfer it be Anderson/Sweeney :pray and Tracey for Overbay.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Does it really make a difference?

Burnett is not coveted unless there is an extension. I'd rather keep BMac than Anderson so if you're going to make a trade for Overbay I would perfer it be Anderson/Sweeney :pray and Tracey for Overbay.

Agreed. Either way, we can trade on of the OF propects not named Chris Young and still have Young and Anderson/Sweeney to fall back on in the future. Shoot, KW should try to persuade Melvin to take Borchard.....

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Agreed. Either way, we can trade on of the OF propects not named Chris Young and still have Young and Anderson/Sweeney to fall back on in the future. Shoot, KW should try to persuade Melvin to take Borchard.....

Melvin's not retarded.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Toss him in the deal as an added incentive! GET RID OF BORCH!

There's no need to just ditch Borchard, he's not costing us s*** at Charlotte. Just let him play there until the end of there year and part ways with him at the end of the season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
There's no need to just ditch Borchard, he's not costing us s*** at Charlotte. Just let him play there until the end of there year and part ways with him at the end of the season.

Why when we could get something in return for him?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Why when we could get something in return for him?

I think his point is that some people are acting like we should get rid of Borch just to get rid of him. If he can sweeten a pot then fine but there's no reason to just ditch the guy.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
I think his point is that some people are acting like we should get rid of Borch just to get rid of him.  If he can sweeten a pot then fine but there's no reason to just ditch the guy.

I probably came off as I just wanted to get rid of him but if he could sweeten a deal for Griffey or Overbay......

:uhoh Bye Bye