Huff and Baez

whitesox89

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
One thing about Huff is that he hits good pitchers hard.  He's had some big hits against J. Santana in the past, and he had a monsterous homer against the stud young pitcher McCarthy on the White Socks.

Oh man that homer was a shot. I was at that game, knew it was gone the second it left the bat. My jaw was open the whole time he rounded the bases

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
One thing about Huff is that he hits good pitchers hard.  He's had some big hits against J. Santana in the past, and he had a monsterous homer against the stud young pitcher McCarthy on the White Socks.

When Huff's right he's just a great hitter, he's been one of my favorite hitters for a few years now. I said earlier in the year it looked like he was injured, his bat seemed to have slow a bit but watching him now whatever was wrong with him before isn't a problem anymore. He's getting around on the fastball better and overall just looks so much better up there. Also while not a speed demon he's no base clogger, he can run a little.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:17 AM)
When Huff's right he's just a great hitter, he's been one of my favorite hitters for a few years now.  I said earlier in the year it looked like he was injured, his bat seemed to have slow a bit but watching him now whatever was wrong with him before isn't a problem anymore.  He's getting around on the fastball better and overall just looks so much better up there.  Also while not a speed demon he's no base clogger, he can run a little.

He's an extra base machine when he's going well. He has power to all fields also. Huff always seems like one of the toughest outs when I watch him. I have no clue how his numbers have been so bad this year.

White Sox Scout at the Drays -Sawx game

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-...ports-headlines

At deadline, D-Rays have top pair

With most of the baseball industry convinced that the Florida Marlins will hold onto A.J. Burnett, attention has turned to the less successful team in the Sunshine State.

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays are shopping closer Danys Baez and infielder-outfielder Aubrey Huff, and they could end up being the two best players dealt by Sunday's non-waivers trading deadline, if Burnett stays put and the Texas Rangers opt against trading Alfonso Soriano.

The White Sox have been the most aggressive suitors for both players, and a White Sox scout attended yesterday's Red Sox-Devil Rays game at Tropicana Field -- although Baez didn't pitch, and Huff only pinch hit. The White Sox have a bevy of young players, including righthander Brandon McCarthy, who can be used as trading chips.

Huff is surging after a weak first half, and some interested executives believe the 28-year-old was simply "bored" playing for such a bad club.

Chicago's less popular team owns the best record in baseball, yet it is 12-11 in July and has lost six of its last nine.

Devil Rays general manager Chuck LaMar is the X-factor in these discussions. LaMar is a notoriously difficult trading partner, and his coup last year, getting Scott Kazmir from the Mets in return for Victor Zambrano, has only emboldened him to make high demands.

Edited by rangercal