Red Sox will explore Ramirez trade

Whitesoxfan56

Lucchino: "Because of the size of his contract, obviously, it's hard." "..but it depends how little you're willing to take in return with respect to trades." "A club might want to make a deal if it asks the Red Sox to pay 95 percent of Ramirez's salary, but that's not a particularly intelligent thing for us to do."

I'd say there is definitely room to operate there. They would definitely want an all-star OFer they can use in return. That makes the Cub a non-factor unless they can pull in a 3rd team.

It does make the White Sox an attractive player though. How much would Rowand or Pods be worth to their offense in replace of Manny? If you're BOS & KW were to offer Koney/Everett + Pods/Rowand + BMac + Sweeney/Anderson in exchange for Manny + a LOT of cash that's certainly worth considering. It would sure add to the drama of the season.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
On Sportscenter they just said that the Mets, Red Sox and D-Rays are taking 3 way that will send Manny and Baez to New York and Huff to Boston. Probably top prospects from both going to TB. Buster Olney has been quoted saying that this may go down tonight.

Boston is stupid if they do this.

I'd tell Manny to suck it up and play. You either play with your contract or go home.

I'd rather have Manny, who has requested a trade in the past few seasons and still helped the Red Sox to the World Series, than Aubrey Huff.

On Sportscenter they just said that the Mets, Red Sox and D-Rays are taking 3 way that will send Manny and Baez to New York and Huff to Boston. Probably top prospects from both going to TB. Buster Olney has been quoted saying that this may go down tonight.

I belive it was Manny to the Mets, and Baez and Huff to Boston

Edited by Whitesoxfan56

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
We'll c.  Because if you listened to SC they said manny was goin to the Mets and Baez and Huff to the Red Sox.

Nope man. Other people heard it too. The new guy who started a thread on this even heard Baez and Manny to the Mets. People from other websites(SOSH) are also saying Manny and Baez to the Mets.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
We'll c.  Because if you listened to SC they said manny was goin to the Mets and Baez and Huff to the Red Sox.

You heard wrong, I just replayed it on the Tivo and SC did say both Baez and Ramirez to the Mets.

Perhaps you misheard. I have just confirmed what both Nite and I have posted is indeed what was said.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)

Actually you're wrong. Tivo is a beautiful thing.

Red Sox: Aubrey Huff

Mets: Manny Ramirez, Danny Baez

Devil Rays: Prospects.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Well you confirmed it so i guess it is written in stone now.

No reason to be rude about it, hombre.

You were wrong, it happens, get over it.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
You heard wrong, I just replayed it on the Tivo and SC did say both Baez and Ramirez to the Mets.

Perhaps you misheard.  I have just confirmed what both Nite and I have posted is indeed what was said.

Put it in the title of the thread or the subtitle, so people get the point. Because if not, we're going to have 0834084308 posts like this.

Didn't Manny say he wanted to be traded because of privacy issues? I know he would love to go to NY because one of the times he asked to be traded he popped off about wanting to be a Yankee. How would moving to NY take care of those privacy issues? He can hit, but he's a jackass.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
Actually you're wrong. Tivo is a beautiful thing.

Red Sox: Aubrey Huff

Mets: Manny Ramirez, Danny Baez

Devil Rays: Prospects.

Yep, that was it. I want Huff, but Manny out of a the AL and more importantly a Red Sox uniform? That would be a gift in itself.