Adam Dunn

VAfan

I know he's been discussed before. And I have no rumors to report. But I look out there at the prospect of a Frankless team in the playoffs with no one in the lineup who will scare anyone and wonder what deal could get done.

Adam Dunn.

That's the name that jumps out at me. I bet he would be available for less than what Aubrey Huff will fetch. Yet Dunn is someone you can build upon. He's 25. He'd be perfect at DH. He's a LH bat like we haven't had in a long time.

Now the rumor board says Cincy wants a #3 pitcher for him. Of course I wouldn't give up Jon Garland for him, and I don't think Cincy would accept either of our Cuban pitchers. But they aren't going any where this year. So why wouldn't they accept a combination of very solid minor league pitchers? Brandon McCarthy and Tracey, or McCarthy and 2-3 B-list pitchers?

Dunn strikes out a lot, and doesn't hit for a high average. But his OBP is close to .400, so he isn't making that many outs. He would look very good in the middle of our lineup.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
I know he's been discussed before.  And I have no rumors to report.  But I look out there at the prospect of a Frankless team in the playoffs with no one in the lineup who will scare anyone and wonder what deal could get done.

Adam Dunn.

That's the name that jumps out at me.  I bet he would be available for less than what Aubrey Huff will fetch.  Yet Dunn is someone you can build upon.  He's 25.  He'd be perfect at DH.  He's a LH bat like we haven't had in a long time. 

Now the rumor board says Cincy wants a #3 pitcher for him.  Of course I wouldn't give up Jon Garland for him, and I don't think Cincy would accept either of our Cuban pitchers.  But they aren't going any where this year.  So why wouldn't they accept a combination of very solid minor league pitchers? Brandon McCarthy and Tracey, or McCarthy and 2-3 B-list pitchers? 

Dunn strikes out a lot, and doesn't hit for a high average.  But his OBP is close to .400, so he isn't making that many outs.  He would look very good in the middle of our lineup.

I agree. As soon as I heard he was on the block, I wanted the sox to get him. I would love to see him in a Sox uniform.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
I know he's been discussed before.  And I have no rumors to report.  But I look out there at the prospect of a Frankless team in the playoffs with no one in the lineup who will scare anyone and wonder what deal could get done.

Adam Dunn.

That's the name that jumps out at me.  I bet he would be available for less than what Aubrey Huff will fetch.  Yet Dunn is someone you can build upon.  He's 25.  He'd be perfect at DH.  He's a LH bat like we haven't had in a long time. 

Now the rumor board says Cincy wants a #3 pitcher for him.  Of course I wouldn't give up Jon Garland for him, and I don't think Cincy would accept either of our Cuban pitchers.  But they aren't going any where this year.  So why wouldn't they accept a combination of very solid minor league pitchers? Brandon McCarthy and Tracey, or McCarthy and 2-3 B-list pitchers? 

Dunn strikes out a lot, and doesn't hit for a high average.  But his OBP is close to .400, so he isn't making that many outs.  He would look very good in the middle of our lineup.

It's going to cost a lot more than Brandon McCarthy and Sean Tracey for Adam Dunn.

Huff may be too hard to get because Chuck LaMar is such a douchebag (he offered Dannys Baez straight up for David Wright). If Dunn would come cheaper, this would be the ultimate option.

Left handed bat, mashes righties. He's basically the same kind of hitter Konerko has turned into which may turn people off, but he actually takes the whole power/on-base thing a step up from Konerko. Would be perfect to take over if we don't resign PK after the season.

I don't know if most of you would rather have a contact hitter in Huff because that is a major weakness in our offense. With Dunn you will have to accept some inconsistency but he will out-OPS anyone on our roster by over 100 points (assuming Frank isn't playing).

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 06:42 AM)
Id love to have dunn here but I dont think he would go over well here seeing that he is basiclly a paul konerko.

Nah he is far from a Konerko... for one he has some pretty good speed... much more power and walks more.

Word is that the Reds are so stupid, they won't trade any of their outfielders. Seeing as you can't play 4 outfielders in 1 game, this is nothing short of moronic.

I'd trade Wily Mo if I were them, but they simply aren't smart enough to deal the least valuable of the 4.