8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
Timo is 1 for 11 lifetime against Moose.  That comes out to a whopping .091BA.  There was no real reason to bat him 5th outside of Ozzies love for alernating leftys and righties for matchups late in the game.  Which again doesnt make any sense because Mo is harder against lefties than he is against righties.

And over his last 7 days Timo is batting .083.  So he is slumping right now also.

I meant the Yanks. Sorry. At least that's what I thought I read around here. He should'nt have been batting higher than Dye though IMO.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Timo is 1 for 11 lifetime against Moose.  That comes out to a whopping .091BA.  There was no real reason to bat him 5th outside of Ozzies love for alernating leftys and righties for matchups late in the game.  Which again doesnt make any sense because Mo is harder against lefties than he is against righties.

And over his last 7 days Timo is batting .083.  So he is slumping right now also.

I dont wanna be a Timo honk here, but numbers against moose really didnt mean much tonite. Dye owns Mussina over his career, almost a .500 BA, but he went 0-fer tonite.

It really didnt matter, the strikezone was different for the teams, the mood was different for the teams, and the Sox couldnt capitalize on their scoring opportunies.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:50 AM)
Did anyone here Bruce Levine tonight?  Apparently he mentioned something about Mike Remlinger being signed by the Red Sox.  Can anyone confirm that?

Ha, you better hope not. He has nothing left. As a lefty, he's pointless. Lefties are much better against him than righties.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
Did anyone here Bruce Levine tonight?  Apparently he mentioned something about Mike Remlinger being signed by the Red Sox.  Can anyone confirm that?

He said the deal will the finalized today after the league approves.