wow, who thought it was this bad

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Negative Threads by Greg Hibbard:

wow, who thought it was that bad

postgame whining about umpiring

Isnt Joe Crede just Jose Valentin

There are a fw other borderline threads like the one about the Yankees and the Sox having like the same record since like May 13th...

Wow, you found three threads I composed with negative overtones. Yes, that's definitely representative of everything I've ever posted at Soxtalk.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Wow, you found three threads I composed with negative overtones. Yes, that's definitely representative of everything I've ever posted at Soxtalk.

Did you not read the rest of the post?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Nah, not everyone is panicking after 9 days of August... :rolly

No.. but some of you are acting like f***ing 2 year olds...

:crying :crying

Who cares what someone else posts... good grief. Don't read it. Ignore it.

:stick

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
The one where you mentioned a 4th thread? This is ridiculous. Probably over 40% of my posts are rooting the team on during the game threads.

besides the game threads, how many of the threads that you start do you think are optimistic?

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
No.. but some of you are acting like f***ing 2 year olds...

:crying  :crying

Who cares what someone else posts... good grief. Don't read it. Ignore it.

:stick

well you could take your own advice.....

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
besides the game threads, how many of the threads that you start do you think are optimistic?

Here's the way I board....when the team is doing well, kicking ass, and taking names I don't really say a lot. Yesterday I did put up a thread that asked you to predict the final records of the big three starters, and I think my predictions were on the optimistic side of things.

When the team stinks, I feel the need to vent more. So I do it here. That's what the place is here for, right?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)

Including this one.. in how many threads have you felt compelled to make a comment complaining about the things he posts..??

:headshake

Don't answer.. I'm being sarcastic.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
Including this one.. in how many threads have you felt compelled to make a comment complaining about the things he posts..??

Don't answer.. I'm being sarcastic.

what....no green?

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Here's the way I board....when the team is doing well, kicking ass, and taking names I don't really say a lot. Yesterday I did put up a thread that asked you to predict the final records of the big three starters, and I think my predictions were on the optimistic side of things.

When the team stinks, I feel the need to vent more. So I do it here. That's what the place is here for, right?

Right.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)

:o :headshake

Team is doing well....shhh.

Team is playing like s***....complain.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Team is doing well....shhh.

Team is playing like s***....complain.

Most sports lists/boards I'm on are like that. Who wants to read a bunch of cheerleading posts? "Yeah, I love these guys!" No, really?

First half record 57-29

Second half record 15-10

You see, here's the deal. If the Sox were, oh say, 8-17 in the second half, I would be upset, too. But, they are above .500 AND still leading the div. by double digits AND not playing their best baseball AND coming into a rough stretch. The team needs a boost...whether it be a bench clearing brawl (not that I would condone that) or a walk off homer like Eckstein the other night. Something to rev this team up again. It's a looooooong season, ladies and gentlemen, and it's very rare that a team doesn't go through a rough hitting or pitching or both stretch. Even the 100+ game winners don't play the best baseball every single day.

Let it go, enjoy the season and relax.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
First half record 57-29

Second half record  15-10

You see, here's the deal.  If the Sox were, oh say, 8-17 in the second half, I would be upset, too.  But, they are above .500 AND still leading the div. by double digits AND not playing their best baseball AND coming into a rough stretch.  The team needs a boost...whether it be a bench clearing brawl (not that I would condone that) or a walk off homer like Eckstein the other night.  Something to rev this team up again.  It's a looooooong season, ladies and gentlemen, and it's very rare that a team doesn't go through a rough hitting or pitching or both stretch.  Even the 100+ game winners don't play the best baseball every single day. 

Let it go, enjoy the season and relax.

Well said. One of the most rational posts I've seen in a long time on here. Even a pessimistic person like myself agrees with this.