Mike Cameron

YASNY

It dawned on me that I didn't see anything about what happened to Cameron on here. He was involved in a very nasty looking collison with Carlos Beltran. Both players were in a full extension dive going for a ball hit between them. They hit face to face. Cameron was immobilized and taken off on a stretch while wearing a neck brace. He has a broken nose, multiple fractures to his cheekbones and a concussion.

Beltran got scraped up and bruised up, but apparently he'll be ok. Check sportscenter for the film of this. It's not pretty.

Here's hoping Mike makes a quick and full recovery.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
That was one of the most brutal collisions I have ever seen.  It take second place to watching Robin crush his ankle.

Thanks for putting that image back in my head. Eeeeeee.

Get well soon, Cam. :cheers

Update I saw on yahoo:

Cameron to have surgery, Beltran has concussion after collision

August 12, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- Mike Cameron will need facial surgery and Carlos Beltran sustained a concussion after their frightening outfield collision, the New York Mets said Friday.

Both players spent Thursday night in a San Diego hospital following their seventh-inning crash in the Mets' 2-1 loss to the Padres. Cameron and Beltran were going at full tilt for David Ross' sinking liner, and their heads hit as they made diving tries.

Cameron broke his nose, had multiple fractures of both cheekbones and a slight concussion. The right fielder was placed on the 15-day disabled list, and Victor Diaz was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk for Friday night's game at Los Angeles.

Beltran had a slight facial fracture. The center fielder most likely will not need surgery.