Gotta love the Reds fans...

SpringfieldFan

Hey, with the Griffey rumors heating up, I hunted for and managed to find the Red's main fansite forum. Although they have a couple of threads on it, they don't have any earth shattering news we haven't already heard yet. However, it is one more resource to keep on top of things.

The main reason I bring this up, is that in looking through their threads, the Reds fans apparently have a deep dislike of the Cubs and Cub fans! Apparently, Sox fans aren't just jealous or neurotic because of the city rivalry. Cincy fans have similar attitudes. Here is the main thread discussing the Cubs:

RedZone

I have just read the first few posts but the thread is already a classic:

I'd hate the Cubs even if I was a Devil Rays fan. It's how they played up the lovable loser angle for so long. Do you know what being a loverable loser makes you? A loser.

Then you also have the WGN factor in that since the owners of the Cubs happen to own their own tv network you are force fed the cubs from April to October. In this vein you have the Chip and Dip factor which I think the main reason why most of the recent cub haters have jumped on that bandwagon.

I hate blaming things on a fan base, but most (not all mind you) of the Cubs fans I've met are really difficult to deal with. When things are going poorly (as usual) they act as if they're more deserving of pity than anyone. But when things are going well? Wow have the guys I've met been apt to turn the most extreme 180-degree attitude adjustment I've ever seen. It's as if I- a Reds fan- must now cater to the illustrious history that club has of winning...well...nothing.

I came up with reasons later, like I hate teams with superstation fan bases. Yea, that's pretty rational. Sammy's hop, Chip and Dip, prior to that Harry Caray, and as if the world revolves around some celeb singing take me out to the ballgame. And the fans showing up at our park when the Cubs are in town just seems like cockroaches coming out of the woodwork after smelling the team roll into town.

I think we have some "sister" fans in Cincinnati!

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
I have just read the first few posts but the thread is already a classic:

I think we have some "sister" fans in Cincinnati!

I'll never forget those games at the end of the season when Kearns and Valentin helped beat the Cubs in extra innings at Wrigley. I know it's not cool on this board to say you hate the Cubs.....but I HATE THE f***ING CUBS!

QUOTE(WSNS-TV44 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Cubs fans are like roaches,and about as lovable too.I wish there are like roaches,step and squash them all!!!!

you are never supposed to step on a roach. Their eggs stick to the bottom of your shoe when you squash them and you spread them around.

Just spray cubs fans in the face with Raid, that'll make em go away. ;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
you are never supposed to step on a roach. Their eggs stick to the bottom of your shoe when you squash them and you spread them around.

Just spray cubs fans in the face with Raid, that'll make em go away. ;)

:D :D

Oh,I love how you think!!!!!!

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
Haha, thats too funny. Joe Carter sucked ass. The announcers suck now too, too many long ass pauses where Brenley is just thinking what the f*** are you saying and why am I here?

Brendly,why is he in Chicago.When I saw him doing a game,all he talks about is "when I was the manager of the D-Backs....."

Good god,man!If he fondly remember that so much,why is he here?

QUOTE(WSNS-TV44 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
Brendly,why is he in Chicago.When I saw him doing a game,all he talks about is "when I was the manager of the D-Backs....."

Good god,man!If he fondly remember that so much,why is he here?

Not intended to be a smart-ass remark but, Who cares?