The Griffey Deal

palesox38

Any info on the possible Griffey trade? I was just on ESPN.com and under insider it said "Griffey To White Sox?". Now, I don't know if anyone has said anything about the article yet but if someone could provide some info it would be great. Please don't paste the article- maybe just some tidbits.

QUOTE(palesox38 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
Any info on the possible Griffey trade? I was just on ESPN.com and under insider it said "Griffey To White Sox?". Now, I don't know if anyone has said anything about the article yet but if someone could provide some info it would be great. Please don't paste the article- maybe just some tidbits.

2 things.

1) See the other thread

2) ESPN Insider is crap, what they do is take newspaper articles and paste them. It's not Gammons with a rumor or something. In any case, they quote the article from the suntimes on Friday about NY not putting in a claim for him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
And absolutely not new info.

1.) Griffey cleared waivers

2.) The Sox are trying to trade for him.

3.) Reds ownership is reluctant to let him go.

4.) Griffey may be willing to come to the Sox.

Maybe they think we are stupid or think we have no memory whatsoever.

Maybe they think we are stupid or think we have no memory whatsoever.

You can upgrade #4 from "may" to "would".

The ticket joke was an affirmation of KGJ telling the media how many relatives & friends he has in Chicago & more importantly that he's thought about what it would mean to play there in front of them. Coupled with his talk of wanting to play in the WS I think we can eliminate the loveable losers as a choice ;)