Energy in the crowd = Energy on the field

SouthSidePride05

Right now, nothing's working. Everyone's coming to the plate with no fire, everyone in the lineup looks lethargic. They look tired and confused and scared, swinging at everything in the dirt, and they're lacking any type of confidence they once had. While all of this is happening, you could hear a pin drop. The crowd's have been big, but they've been dead. You could argue that there's nothing to cheer about, but on the other hand, we're the ones who can fire up this team.

Before the game even starts, let's hear some noise. Let's make the Cell a playoff-type atmosphere. When someone makes it to first, you should be able to feel the electricity in that place. I wanna hear the roar of the crowd. Don't tell me a VERY LOUD crowd wouldn't spark this offense!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
A very loud crowd would NOT spark this offense.

There I said it.

^

besides, i'm finding it harder and harder to get pumped up for white sox games, why would i get loud?

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Right now, nothing's working.  Everyone's coming to the plate with no fire, everyone in the lineup looks lethargic.  They look tired and confused and scared, swinging at everything in the dirt, and they're lacking any type of confidence they once had.  While all of this is happening, you could hear a pin drop.  The crowd's have been big, but they've been dead. You could argue that there's nothing to cheer about, but on the other hand, we're the ones who can fire up this team.

Before the game even starts, let's hear some noise.  Let's make the Cell a playoff-type atmosphere.  When someone makes it to first, you should be able to feel the electricity in that place.  I wanna hear the roar of the crowd.  Don't tell me a VERY LOUD crowd wouldn't spark this offense!

The way things are going, when someone makes it to first, there should be a standing ovation. If he makes it to second there should be a sustained, seven minute standing ovations. If he makes it to third, there should be a thirty minute standing ovation. And, in the unlikely event that he makes it home the fans should run onto the field in utter pandemonium. I think this team would play better in front of about twenty people.

If we make it to the playoffs, how is ithis lineup supposed to play when it's inevitable the Cell will be deafening, especially if we score a few runs early? If they play worse in that type of atmosphere, then we're in real trouble.

I just think that something like a loud "Let's go White Sox" with the entire crowd in unison might wake up this team. The way the Sox are playing is like a bad, disturbing nightmare... :crying

Maybe you guys are right, and nothing can help our offense right now...

:banghead

OK, so I was at the game today. I have no voice left, I'm sun burned, my hands are tenderized from clapping, high-fiving and beating the s*** out of the guys I went with after each homerun.

That was the most electric and loud crowd I have witnessed since July 2nd, 2003 (Robbie/Carl's first game, Frank's walkoff.)

I'm convinced the crowd played a big part in the rally that took place in the 4th inning. The place was absolutely defening after the Gooch homerun and only got louder after the Rowand bomb Johnson was visibly shaken. IMO the players fed off the energy of the crowd during that inning which is what led to 6 consecutive hits, back-to-back-to-back homeruns, 4 total homeruns and 6 runs for the inning.

For once the team showed that they can succeed with the fans making a s*** load of noise and totally getting behind them, this was one hell of a game and makes me a lot more optimistic for the rest of the season.