8/21 Games

WHarris1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
We all know Anderson is due, and I think he take Timo's spot in the offseason, but we cant assume that AA players should be brought up right away.  Maybe in 2007 they will be ready to step in and start, but right now, next year is a stretch.

Replacing Timo's spot? Who are you kidding... :banghead

Anderson will start somewhere next year. I happen to think (this all my opinion) that he'll be traded in the off-season. Milwaukee might be able in need for an outfielder, and of course, Overbay is probably going to get moved.

Lots of possibilities this offseason...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
He's faced Johan Santana and Randy Johnson

and oh yeah... Brad Radke...

Guess we should write him off... LOL... (not snapping at you WHarris)

what a joke. Some chemically imbalanced people around today...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
We all know Anderson is due, and I think he take Timo's spot in the offseason, but we cant assume that AA players should be brought up right away.  Maybe in 2007 they will be ready to step in and start, but right now, next year is a stretch.

I know Randar got on you for this one, but it's so absurd that I have to add my own knock on you for that one. That's just dumb. Try running a baseball franchise like that and you'll be driving it into the ground.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
and oh yeah... Brad Radke...

Guess we should write him off... LOL... (not snapping at you WHarris)

what a joke.  Some chemically imbalanced people around today...

Haha my bad forgot about Radke, so he faced Radke and played 16 innings, faced Joahn, faced RJ...what a loser...

Young's arm has improved over time. He's a kid who is very coachable and recognizes his strengths and weaknesses and he has done a LOT of work to improve his arm to at least be average.

If true... that is a big deal. It's not fair to ask him to gun fast runners down off his back leg from the 'deep', but what is reasonable to ask for is someone who doesn't allow medium-to-slow runners take extra bases almost at will. Speaking of which, Pods sucks in Left.

Edited by Yeast Confection

He's faced Johan Santana and Randy Johnson

Unit was flat as helll; even Greg Norton took him deep twice in one game when he was really off.

Santana is Santana is Santana, but Anderson looked like s*** - the kind of s***-looking that would probably result in a bagel against a lesser lefty.

Radke walked Uribe; he wasn't his dominant self either.

But I guess I'll keep an eye out for Anderson, maybe he will break out tomorrow.

QUOTE(Yeast Confection @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
How about 850 OPS - which is what Rowand will have next year... versus Anderson who may (or may not) be a glorified Borchard?

??? Rowand will have an OPS improvement of over 100 next year? Ok wise guy. Don't compare Anderson to Borchard, please. That's not fair to either player. Anderson is a different player.

QUOTE(Yeast Confection @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
But I guess I'll keep an eye out for Anderson, maybe he will break out tomorrow.

Yeah and if he doesn't we should just put him on waivers. :rolly

Stop posting stupid crap or I'll start deleting your posts. We know who you are anyway.

??? Rowand will have an OPS improvement of over 100 next year?

Yes. I am well aware of his less than spectacular "performance history"; this is one of the few times where I go on a limb.

Aaron's pitch-selection/recognition is as abhorent as I remember it, but I still maintain that the strides he made last year in that respect, were no fluke. He may not be the 950 OPS guy he was in the final 4 months of 2004 when Ozzie gave him a chance to play every day, but I honestly believe Aaron is capable of low-to-mid 800 OPS. A late bloomer, perhaps, but there you have it.

The key for him is to remember that God made him a 20 HR/45 double guy, NOT the other way around - nowdays, Aaron's mostly trying to jack everything to Left, which is counter-productive to say the least.

Again.... Anderson may or may not (notice how I not writing him off just yet? Good) be the next JoBo - as in, overrated range, overrated arm, overrated baserunning, as well as the swing that can't square up a good ML fastball or a good ML breaking ball. Oh how quickly do people forget all the complimentary gems hurled "4.5-tool" Borchard's way circa 2001-2002? :rolly

Edited by Yeast Confection

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
I know Randar got on you for this one, but it's so absurd that I have to add my own knock on you for that one. That's just dumb. Try running a baseball franchise like that and you'll be driving it into the ground.

How so? What makes you think Anderson will be starting? Dye, Pods, Rowand, done. Young and Ownes havenet had experience above A until this year. They arenot ready to come up and contribute next year, nor is there room. Keeping and seasoning prospects is how you run a franchise, apparently you missed the bus on that one.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
How so?  What makes you think Anderson will be starting?  Dye, Pods, Rowand, done.  Young and Ownes havenet had experience above A until this year.  They arenot ready to come up and contribute next year, nor is there room.  Keeping and seasoning prospects is how you run a franchise, apparently you missed the bus on that one.

Yep, they need to be seasoned so they can rot on the bench in the majors instead of playing everyday...

GMAB

:banghead

QUOTE(Yeast Confection @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
At least I didn't compare Whisler to Mark effin' Prior.    :)

Yep, comparing mechanics and a pitcher's ability is one and the same...

:huh:

That is like saying, since someone said player A had a Zito-esque curveball, that they compared that pitcher's ability and potential to Barry Zito.

Don't hurt yourself making ignorant, stupid, and inflammatory leaps of logic...

QUOTE(Yeast Confection @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
How about 850 OPS - which is what Rowand will have next year... versus Anderson who may (or may not) be a glorified Borchard?

The value of pointless projection based on nothing but one's personal "gut feeling" while ignoring all past performance of said player...

What a contribution to the discussion.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)

Yep, they need to be seasoned so they can rot on the bench in the majors instead of playing everyday...

GMAB

:banghead

In two years they wont be on the bench, they will possibly be starting with Dye, and Pods possibly being gone, Young and Owens will fill it when they are ready. Next year if you bring them up they will be rotting on the bench with much better and experience and costly players in front of them. You proved my argument of not moving them up next year, thanks.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
In two years they wont be on the bench, they will possibly be starting with Dye, and Pods possibly being gone, Young and Owens will fill it when they are ready.  Next year if you bring them up they will be rotting on the bench with much better and experience and costly players in front of them.  You proved my argument of not moving them up next year, thanks.

Unless Dye goes to first or someone is traded or injured. Again, I haven't proven anything other than Anderson is ready now, will be starting somewhere in the OF next year with the Sox or someone else, and Young, if he continues to evolve the way he has thus far, could very well force himself into the picture in the spring or very early in the season next year.

As I said before, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dye or Rowand not in the OF for the White Sox on opening day next year. Heck, Dye could be the DH.