Does anybody still have hope?

Ishmookie

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
The offense was fading fast well before Pods went on the DL.  Also, don't get your hopes up for a speed player coming back strong after a groin injury.

It started to fade when Frank (remember him?) re-broke his ankle.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
And he did that before the trading deadline.

We got Geoff Blumm to replacement. 

Thanks for the shot in the nuts KW.

Yeah, he just sat on his ass and didn't explore any possible trades at all, right? I highly doubt he was aggressive too. :rolly

We all know they were trying to upgrade. I would think KW has the team's best interests in mind...

It didn't work. No other team made moves either. Something must've been up if nobody made any moves either, and I'm not about to completely blame KW about it.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:40 AM)
While I still believe the White Sox will win the division, I have lost alot of hope in this teams offense, in Ozzie Guillen as a manager, and in Kenny Williams as a general manager.

I never liked Ozzie's in-game managing ability...and this recent stretch has only proven to me that he has no clue what he's doing on the bench.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
I never liked Ozzie's in-game managing ability...and this recent stretch has only proven to me that he has no clue what he's doing on the bench.

Have I missed Ozzie taking the bats out of our guys' hands and swinging wildly at horrible pitches for them?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
While I still believe the White Sox will win the division, I have lost alot of hope in this teams offense, in Ozzie Guillen as a manager, and in Kenny Williams as a general manager.

I really don't see how you can blame Williams. Ozzie is debateable. Horrible as a stratagist, but pretty good at getting guys to play together as a team. I think you have to look at the players. I can't think of another team where the entire lineup is hitting well below their career averages.

You want to blame the hitting coach, fine, but this is a veteran team really, and they should be able to study video of themselves and figure out what they're doing wrong.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
If you look back, I am in 100% agreement with you there.  Ozzie Guillen might be the worst manager in baseball.

But this year he is also the luckiest too. But i would say he isn't that good at managing. My dream manager would be Steve Stone, that guy is a freakin' genius. He knows a lot about the game and when to do certain things in a game.

Edited by sayitaintso

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:46 AM)
I really don't see how you can blame Williams. Ozzie is debateable. Horrible as a stratagist, but pretty good at getting guys to play together as a team. I think you have to look at the players. I can't think of another team where the entire lineup is hitting well below their career averages.

You want to blame the hitting coach, fine, but this is a veteran team really, and they should be able to study video of themselves and figure out what they're doing wrong.

If you couldn't tell this team needed some offensive help even before the season started, somethings up. I don't blame Kenny for much, and my hope in him as a general manager is still high, but not addressing the area of need with the talent this team has, is worse than any non-move made by a general manager this season.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:42 AM)
Have I missed Ozzie taking the bats out of our guys' hands and swinging wildly at horrible pitches for them?

- Ozzie consistently leaves our starting pitcher way too long. Is it a coincidence that Buehrle, Garcia (before tonight), and Garland have struggled in the 2nd half of the season?

- Ozzie's love for Timo is sickening! To take the bat out of Iguchi's hands for Timo in the 9th was f***ing pathetic. How many times has Iguchi come through in situations like that leading off an inning late in the game? Also, Timo leading off games is just a perfect example of the complacency within the organization.

- Ozzie's lack of hit-and-run on a team that's living or dying with the homer.

- Ozzie's inability and lack of trying new lineups in order to provide a spark.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:46 AM)
But this year he is also the luckiest too. But i would say he isn't that good at managing. My dream manager would be Steve Stone, that guy is a freakin' genius. He knows a lot about the game and when to do certain things in a game.

He's our next GM, not manager.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
If you couldn't tell this team needed some offensive help even before the season started, somethings up.  I don't blame Kenny for much, and my hope in him as a general manager is still high, but not addressing the area of need with the talent this team has, is worse than any non-move made by a general manager this season.

Well JR for years used the excuse he couldnt get big FAs unless we came out to the park. Well they are on pace for a record amount of fans at the park. Time to f***ing spend some money and trade a few prospects. Lets get someone, something that will breathe some life into this thing. Our season is on life support. We have the lead, but when you lose 8 games in such a short period of time. We need something.

7 game lead? Are you kidding me?

I can't even imagine you dolts with a 2 or 3 game lead. RELAX! The pitching has been awesome and that is was wins playoff games. You would think us Sox fans would be used to a little bump in the road after all the bad years since 2000 but jesus were as uptight as ever.

We'll start the ass kissing when we clinch

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:00 AM)
7 game lead?  Are you kidding me?

I can't even imagine you dolts with a 2 or 3 game lead. RELAX! The pitching has been awesome and that is was wins playoff games. You would think us Sox fans would be used to a little bump in the road after all the bad years since 2000 but jesus were as uptight as ever.

Coming out of the gates firing? Well, some of us have been worried about this collapse for a while. Hey, pitching is great to have....but if you can't score a single run, you're not going to win.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)

If that little bump in the road you are referring to is choking the division away the last two years as a "bump", then i understand what it is you are talking about.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
If that little bump in the road you are referring to is choking the division away the last two years as a "bump", then i understand what it is you are talking about.

This is our first real losing streak so far. Look I'm not saying I dont think it can happen---because it's in the back of my mind. However, All I'm saying is to chill. We should be GRATFUL for a 7 game lead.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
This is our first real losing streak so far. Look I'm not saying I dont think it can happen---because it's in the back of my mind. However, All I'm saying is to chill. We should be GRATFUL for a 7 game lead.

You can be greatful all you want for the lead. But we werent this bad last August with the great collapse. We at least hit 262 as a team with Joe Freakin Borchard in right.

The reason we lost last year was pitching in the stretch and the pen.

Take last years hitting(with Joe Borchard) and put it together with this pitching and we romp into the playoffs. Thats even with Valentin kicking the ball around here and there.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)

This isn't just a little bump in the road.