Crede

Ozzie Montana

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know that, thanks.

Well fathom, see, that's what quickman is put on earth for.

His entire purpose is to correct people, or otherwise spread pertinent information.

It is best you have him stick exclusively to baseball, when it gets into politics, all decorum goes out the window.

Unbelieveable.

:bang

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
Norton probably would come up, or Gload, pending on how confident Ozzie is with Ozuna at third.  They do have room on 40 man roster for Norton if they choose to do.  No offense to Crede, he shouldn't be on the post-season roster.  Blum is a lefty bat and he's a pretty good fielder, and Gload has a good bat-he should also be up.

how do they not bring up Gload?

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
He's reading thru the conduct thread now, taking mental notes and figuring out how to get back at me.

I just read that whole thing....and I actually agree with it. I think the personal attacks against players and posters is ridiculous. Also, as I said yesterday, all someone had to do was say that they didn't want the Ozzie/Timo "love" posts being made, and I would stop. Everyone knows it was a joke, but if it wasn't wanted on here, I completely understand. Hell, Timo's been busting his ass for this team lately.

If Crede is out for an extended period of time... i.e. for the season... I suggest Mark Bellhorn. He has a career .830 OPS vs lefties -- a .260/.351/.478 line.

Platoon him with Blum. And Ozuna remains in his super-utility role.

This, of course, if Crede is out for the season -- which I assume a broken finger would do.

If Crede is out for an extended period of time...  i.e. for the season...  I suggest Mark Bellhorn.  He has a career .830 OPS vs lefties -- a .260/.351/.478 line. 

Platoon him with Blum.  And Ozuna remains in his super-utility role. 

This, of course, if Crede is out for the season -- which I assume a broken finger would do.

Agreed, if Crede is out for the season with a broken finger. We could claim Bellhorn right now and he would cost $750,000 for the rest of the season. He was DFA'ed by the Red Sox 5 days ago so there are 5 more days to claim him.

If Crede is out for an extended period of time...  i.e. for the season...  I suggest Mark Bellhorn.  He has a career .830 OPS vs lefties -- a .260/.351/.478 line. 

Platoon him with Blum.  And Ozuna remains in his super-utility role. 

Keith if Crede has a busted digit KW will snag somebody in the next few days.

I'm not certain the Red Sox would be willing to trade him to chicago, even though they run the risk of losing him for nothing shortly. I would expect the Red Sox to try and hold the White Sox over a barrel ... and I would do the same. There's a decent chance the two teams meet in Oct.

Keith if Crede has a busted digit KW will snag somebody in the next few days.

I'm not certain the Red Sox would be willing to trade him to chicago, even though they run the risk of losing him for nothing shortly.  I would expect the Red Sox to try and hold the White Sox over a barrel ... and I would do the same.  There's a decent chance the two teams meet in Oct.

If we claimed Bellhorn, the Red Sox would have no choice. They designated him for assignment 5 days ago. He is out there for the taking. We would just be the last team in the A.L. that has a chance of claiming him because of our record. We would just have to pick up the $750,000 left on his contract.

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
It was a matter of time before Crede got injured on a HBP.  He's been slow reacting on inside pitches all season, and there were quite a few times it looked like he barely avoided serious injury.

Just the inside pitches?

:bang

/it was there for the taking

If we claimed Bellhorn, the Red Sox would have no choice.  They designated him for assignment 5 days ago.  He is out there for the taking.  We would just have to pick up the $750,000 left on his contract.

Yes and if Crede is down for the count they just might claim him.

Think very good defensive 3B though ... again if Crede is out for any length of time ... my thought is the White Sox would want someone who's damn good defensively.

Like it or not, they are built on pitching first, defense second.

I doubt I'm the only one, but I think this could be a blessing in disguise. Crede has been struggling so much at the plate, and there's the possibility that we can add someone that will help the bottom of our order. Of course, I don't wish an injury on anyone. However, if there was one player in our starting lineup we could afford to lose for an extended period, I honestly feel it's at 3rd base.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
Think very good defensive 3B though ... again if Crede is out for any length of time ... my thought is the White Sox would want someone who's damn good defensively.

Exactly....and Bellhorn is just not a good 3rd baseman.

So why did you say that we would have to trade for Bellhorn and that the Red Sox would bend us over in a trade?

Here's why I said it:

Who is to say Bellhorn hasn't already been claimed, or at the very least interest has been shown and the Red Sox are playing one team off of the other?

Wouldn't be the first time something similar has happend with a DFA guy.

Agreed, defense at 3rd base is important to this team. But Ozzie has played Ozuna at 3rd base quite a bit and Bellhorn's glove is definately better there than Ozuna's.

Agreed, defense at 3rd base is important to this team.  But Ozzie has played Ozuna at 3rd base quite a bit and Bellhorn's glove is definately better there than Ozuna's.

I would agree that Bellhorn's glove at 3B is better than Pablo's ... marginally. But yes, I agree.

Here's why I said it:

Who is to say Bellhorn hasn't already been claimed, or at the very least interest has been shown and the Red Sox are playing one team off of the other?

Wouldn't be the first time something similar has happend with a DFA guy.

Ummm, because the first team that claims Bellhorn gets him. :huh It would have been announced by now if he was claimed.

Ummm, because the first team that claims Bellhorn gets him. :huh  It would have been announced by now if he was claimed.

Technically you are right but in baseball it doesn't always work that way.

Sometimes a guy is outright claimed, but other times there are several teams who don't want to claim him and pick up the contract, bonuses, etc. and as such don't put in an outright claim ... they prefer to approach the team, in this case the Red Sox, and try to work out a deal, financial or otherwise.

Who's to say Bellhorn doesn't have a hefty bonus that kicks in when he gets traded? Who's to say he doesn't have a contract that calls for another team picking up the lease on his pricey condo in downtown Boston?

This is what I mean. There could very well be other factors in play.