Did Hawk say damn??

Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
I was at work listening to the radio during the play that tied the game 1-1, after I got home I watched it. Hawk went wild when he dropped the ball from Blum's throw but did he say damn?? I listened to it a few times and it sounds like it, didn't see anything about it in the game thread.

I'll replay the archive, but I'm pretty sure he did not.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I just listened to it and he says: "And now they're gonna try and -- AND NO! HE DROPS THE BALL! DAMN!"

it sounds like he was trying to take it back while it was coming out! I love the Hawk, man.  :headbang

LOL!! When I first heard it I didn't know how to react, it sure sounds like it. Its hilarious too, hes like slamming his fist on the table at the same time. :lolhitting

--I usually watch the replays from the games, is anyone else tired of that damn come back players of the year commercial before EVERY video?? I know I am, its so damn annoying.--

Edited by Sox Hustler

LOL!! When I first heard it I didn't know how to react, it sure sounds like it. Its hilarious too, hes like slamming his fist on the table at the same time. :lolhitting

--I usually watch the replays from the games, is anyone else tired of that damn come back players of the year commercial before EVERY video?? I know I am, its so damn annoying.--

Dammit, why did MLB.com start doing that? :chair

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
watching the replay, I don't see how anyone can say that ball was fair. And DJ had no business calling out Kong, saying "it's no time to sit there and argue." That's not what Konerko did. Also, why didn't Blum just throw home? He had a clear shot?

Meh, who cares. Sox win!

After watching the play I have a question. If PK would have caught the ball in the air in foul territory, he would have been out right? Since he didn't the ball is foul because it hit his glove then foul ground right? How does that differ from dropping a pop up in foul ground?? I just confused myself for some reason.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
After watching the play I have a question. If PK would have caught the ball in the air in foul territory, he would have been out right? Since he didn't the ball is foul because it hit his glove then foul ground right? How does that differ from dropping a pop up in foul ground?? I just confused myself for some reason.

great point. Ball has to cross the bag fair first, and it didn't. That's why Paulie laid there. Besides, does anyone really think that Paul Konerko could have dragged his ass off the turf and run to get that ball before Blum reached it? Paul Konerko?? :lolhitting

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
great point. Ball has to cross the bag fair first, and it didn't. That's why Paulie laid there. Besides, does anyone really think that Paul Konerko could have dragged his ass off the turf and run to get that ball before Blum reached it? Paul Konerko??  :lolhitting

So if it would had been a very shallow pop up and Dye would've raced to catch it but while he was catching it, it sliced foul and he dropped it, it would be fair?? If it his glove like it did PK's?

Edited by Sox Hustler

A fly ball does not matter if it crosses the bag in fair territory, at all. Other wise all those slicers that go into the seats down the baseline would be fair, having passed the bag in fair territory. Its all based on whether the ball is in foul plane or fair plane.

Also, it is not like football, where if a players feet and whole body is in fair territory, and the ball juggles out of his glove over foul territory is a foul ball, depending on where ball and glove made contact.