Finley to Spurs

Finely should have gone to Denver. That would have been a perfect fit IMO. With the Nuggets prolific 3/4/5 drawing people into the paint, he'd be getting plenty of open looks out on the perimiter, and more importantly, 30+ minutes of playing time per game.

Now he has to steal minutes from the fan-favorite Manu Ginobli.

Maybe he just doesn't want to leave Texas, I dunno.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
But at Finley's age, you go where you are most likely to win a ring.

At 32, he should have two more quality years left in him.

But yeah, there's definitely a chance that he could be mediocre from here on out. It's tough to call when guys are in that 31-34 age bracket.

Right,

All it takes is another Tim Duncan "severe ankle sprain" and the Spurs are dysfunctional offensive-wise. At that point, they may go with a 3-guard battle floor plan with Parker, Ginobili and Finley (at SF), while Nazr and Horry are patrolling the paint.

But if the big guy ever goes down again.... :crying

I don't know. On paper I still like the Heat alot more. Manu will probably go back to the bench(though still play heavy minutes) because Pop likes using him as a sparkplug off the bench. Their guard rotation doesn't have many minutes to go around though.

Van Exel

Finley

Barry

Parker

Ginobli

Udrih

Someone is going to be riding the bench hard and someone else won't see the light of day. Anyway, the Bulls were interested, but Finley said what Hammerhead said, he wanted to go to the place that would give him the best shot at a title.

Brent Barry, Manu Ginobili and Michael Finley can spell Bruce Bowen at the 3. Talk about flexibility.

Don't forget to add Devin Brown, a San Antonio/UTSA native, to the mix as well. Brown is a RFA that would look DAMN good in a Bulls uniform, IMO. Scoring, defense and size (6'5"). Maybe Eddie Basden will be a Devin Brown clone. If that's the case, WOW. And...the Spurs drafted Romain Sato from Xavier last year that spent the whole year on IR for an "injury".

8 guards. Definitely bet that one or two will be traded.

Having a Devin Brown-Ben Gordon battle at the 2 would be very interesting.

QUOTE(OilCan @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
Brent Barry, Manu Ginobili and Michael Finley can spell Bruce Bowen at the 3. Talk about flexibility. 

Don't forget to add Devin Brown, a San Antonio/UTSA native, to the mix as well.  Brown is a RFA that would look DAMN good in a Bulls uniform, IMO.  Scoring, defense and size (6'5").  Maybe Eddie Basden will be a Devin Brown clone.  If that's the case, WOW.  And...the Spurs drafted Romain Sato from Xavier last year that spent the whole year on IR for an "injury".

8 guards.  Definitely bet that one or two will be traded.

Devin Brown signed an offer sheet with Utah. I don't think the Spurs were going to match, last time I checked. I forgot about Bruce Bowen though as well. There's going to be a logjam.

QUOTE(OilCan @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)

Don't forget to add Devin Brown, a San Antonio/UTSA native, to the mix as well.  Brown is a RFA that would look DAMN good in a Bulls uniform, IMO.  Scoring, defense and size (6'5").  Maybe Eddie Basden will be a Devin Brown clone.  If that's the case, WOW.  And...the Spurs drafted Romain Sato from Xavier last year that spent the whole year on IR for an "injury".

8 guards.  Definitely bet that one or two will be traded.

Devin Brown will probably end up with Utah. I've heard rumors of the Spurs looking to move Barry. They would like another front-court guy. I heard of a Barry to the Nuggets for Edjuardo Najera swap. That would be a good trade for both teams.