What are the Vikings doing?

witesoxfan

The Vikings gave Culpepper a $102 mill contract for 10 years today, for those who don't know.

What I'm wondering is what in hell are they thinking? This is a guy that, though he is coming off a 3800 yard passing season, is also coming off a season where he threw more INTs than touchdowns. That would be like giving a baseball player a huge contract extension and giving him a ton of money for going 12-15 with a 3.75 ERA. You just don't do it.

If only $16 mil is guareteed now the deal makes sense.  I was hoping that the Bears would get a shot at this kid.  I think if he can get away from the insanity that is Randy Moss he will be a star.

I think if he gets a brain, he will be a star. He's just too f***ing stupid. If he's under pressure, he'll try to make something out of nothing, like great QBs in the past have done. In those situations, you throw it away. You don't try to do those kinds of things early in games.

I bet Daunte's INTs cost the Vikings atleast 2 games this year....maybe 3. In a 16 game season...those could have been huge. Not to mention the catastrophe that was the Vikings-Packers game at Lambeau last year. :fyou refs!

The Vikings could have been 8-8 or quite possibly a 10 win team last year. Instead....they were 6-10.