AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!!

Exactly what we needed...2/3 from Minnesota on their turf.

JOSE CONTRERAS...YOUR TABLE IS READY.

DAMASO MARTE...HI, WE'VE MISSED YOU.

BOBBY JENKS...well...let me just say "You can't Focking See that!"

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

And 1 more that I think is well deserved today...for Ozzie Guillen...who actually did everything today the way it should have been done - pinch running for Konerko in the 8th, putting in Crede in the 9th just in case, using both Marte and Jenks in the 9th, etc. Well managed game by Ozzie, and since he's taken a lot of heat here lately...he deserves some props too.

:cheers :drink :cheers

Cleveland...come and get it. Your run at this division is about to end.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
And Ozzie, it's pretty simple now who you give the ball to in Gm 4 the ALDS as I give you Jose Contreras  :gosox1:

If Buehrle doesn't start pitching like he should vs. the Tribe, I am almost tempted to throw Jose ahead of him. That won't happen but MB still needs to lay off some of the getting swept talk.

I'm not a fan of Ozzie at all. However, I give him credit for sticking with his gut this wknd and letting Marte gain his confidence and become a difference maker again for this team. That's the epitome of the "win or die trying" attitude! Also, it seems as if Jenks has become our closer. I don't have a problem with that at all. Our hitting still sucks, but at this time of the season, all that matters is the W or L.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Marte is f***in back. 

You watch him pitch at any time prior to this Minnesota series, and he had no confidence.  This series, he had all the confidence in the world. 

I love it.

When Marte throws strikes between 93 to 95 mph...he is virtually unhittable. He threw strikes, with the fastball, 93 to 95.

He keeps doing that...and our bullpen will suddenly resume being unbeatable.

Especially with that guy behind him hitting 100 tonight. You think Bobby was pumped up? 99, 100, 99.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
When Marte throws strikes between 93 to 95 mph...he is virtually unhittable.  He threw strikes, with the fastball, 93 to 95.

He keeps doing that...and our bullpen will suddenly resume being unbeatable.

Especially with that guy behind him hitting 100 tonight.  You think Bobby was pumped up?  99, 100, 99.

The pen was a beaurtiful thing to watch today!

QUOTE(rangercal @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
took you a while. let's just say you guys aren't quick to come around when we win. Yet, if we were to have lost you guys would have made 3-4 negative threads by now.

I'll speak for myself, and say that after sitting in the same spot on my couch for the whole game, I needed to stand up, breathe, and get something to eat.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
When Marte throws strikes between 93 to 95 mph...he is virtually unhittable.  He threw strikes, with the fastball, 93 to 95.

Marte's big problem had been his slider, and the lack of control he had on it. In order to throw it for a strike, he had to hang it. He stuck with fastballs today, and he seemed to have a less violent delivery.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
I'll speak for myself, and say that after sitting in the same spot on my couch for the whole game, I needed to stand up, breathe, and get something to eat.

Oh come on, it's football day...you mean you weren't sitting there with a bag of chips flipping back and forth between the Sox game and the Patriots/Panthers game? I polished off like 2/3 of that damn bag.

And sometime around inning 7 I stopped flipping channels, except during breaks (no ad dollars for those Twins broadcasters)