Reasons to feel okay

The Ginger Kid

This loss was big, but not season ending. Get over it. The lead in the loss column is down to three. Emphasis on LEAD. But with victories tomorrow and Wednesday it can be back up to 5 with 11 games remaining.

I believe in blind optimism. This is not blind optimism. Reasons to be positive?

They were down 4-0 and looked like we were going to get smoked in a playoff type game. They fought back to take the lead late in the game.

Carl Everett is fighting his ass off to break out of a slump and that homer to put the Sox ahead was huge. It could turn him around.

Konerko hit a CLUTCH two run double. Don't blame him for what happened in the 9th against Wickman -- I'll take that match up again anyday.

The Sox just need to win this series. They don't need a sweep.

The Sox battled like they did in the first half of the season. Even in games they lost they still found a way to bring the tying or go ahead run to the plate and they did that again tonight against a team many think is the hottest in the league.

I hope to god there's a good crowd out there again tomorrow - it made a difference tonight. To those that were there and made it electric, I salute you!

:cheers

DO NOT GIVE UP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel okay because it's still baseball. And I love baseball, even when they suck. But I think they'll make the playoffs. And if they don't, well, that sucks. But irregardless of the outcome, you know I'm going to be cheering for them again next year. So, I mean, might as well not let it ruin my life--and see it for what it is: a game I love.

Jason: have you been drinking?

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

If they lose, they lose, its a f***ing game... you want real life, go talk to the folks of New Orleans that have no possessions anymore. Go talk to the almost 3000 families that lost a relative or friend from 9/11. Then realize how STUPID it is to live and die by the White Sox and the game of baseball!!! Baseball is entertainment, if its not entertaining you, turn it off and go do something productive

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
I feel okay because it's still baseball. And I love baseball, even when they suck. But I think they'll make the playoffs. And if they don't, well, that sucks. But irregardless of the outcome, you know I'm going to be cheering for them again next year. So, I mean, might as well not let it ruin my life--and see it for what it is: a game I love.

Jason: have you been drinking?

Don't worry, I'll share what I'm on for just 4 payments of 99.99.

Its called Prozac :P

My dad actually listened to me rant and hollar for about 15 minutes tonight so I'm in a really good mood. God a lot of anger (well frustrations) about the Sox off my chest. He got about 20 minutes of laughs.

I got supreme faith in this club.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
If they lose, they lose, its a f***ing game...  you want real life, go talk to the folks of New Orleans that have no possessions anymore.  Go talk to the almost 3000 families that lost a relative or friend from 9/11.  Then realize how STUPID it is to live and die by the White Sox and the game of baseball!!!  Baseball is entertainment, if its not entertaining you, turn it off and go do something productive

Ah, the voice of reason... a voice seldom heard on Soxtalk.com

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
Its time to hit this.  Its also time to hope for the wild card.

panic%20button.jpg

Not yet, we still have 5 games left with the Tribe, taking at least 3 or 4 would be good enough if we play good ball the rest of the way. Ofcourse it would be nice to just sweep them here and go on a winning streak but thats doubtful. The playoff spot will come down to the sox and tribe the last 3 games of the season with one taking the WC and the other the division.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Don't worry, I'll share what I'm on for just 4 payments of 99.99. 

Its called Prozac  :P

My dad actually listened to me rant and hollar for about 15 minutes tonight so I'm in a really good mood.  God a lot of anger (well frustrations) about the Sox off my chest.  He got about 20 minutes of laughs. 

I got supreme faith in this club.

Nah, I'm with you. It ain't over till it's over.

But I am a little concerned about teh Rally Crede, I don't know if the best coping mechanism. . .

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
Nah, I'm with you. It ain't over till it's over.

But I am a little concerned about teh Rally Crede, I don't know if the best coping mechanism. . .

Its going to help the Sox win. But the Rally Jobu is going to put a hex on the Tribe as well. I figure we'll get both avenues covered :D

I just don't get why everyone is snapping and going crazy. I've gotten sick of it so I've decided to take the 180 stance of them. Call me the Sox cheerleader, call me whatever you want, but I am planning on watching the Sox and Angels meet in October.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Not yet, we still have 5 games left with the Tribe, taking at least 3 or 4 would be good enough if we play good ball the rest of the way. Ofcourse it would be nice to just sweep them here and go on a winning streak but thats doubtful. The playoff spot will come down to the sox and tribe the last 3 games of the season with one taking the WC and the other the division.

The Sox don't even have to take that many, I think taking 2 would still be OK, it would be a 3 game lead in the loss column

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Call me the Sox cheerleader, call me whatever you want, but I am planning on watching the Sox and Angels meet in October.

Please tell me you're going to start wearing one of those *cute* skirts, oh cheerleader.

But I agree, even though it looks bleak it's too early to give up.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)

No one wants the shame and humiliation of "blowing" a 15 game lead. But at some point people are going to have to step back and accept the fact that Cleveland has played great baseball the last month and a half. I just hope the Sox stay aggressive tomorrow.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
The Sox don't even have to take that many, I think taking 2 would still be OK, it would be a 3 game lead in the loss column

NOoo, 2 is not enough, remember we still have 4 with Minn who will throw out Santana which means at least 1 loss that series. The goal should be 4 and 3 is pushing it.

Edited by Sox Hustler

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
NOoo, 2 is not enough, remember we still have 4 with Minn who will throw out Santana which means at least 1 loss that series. The goal should be 4 and 3 is pushing it.

We will face liriano, baker, santana and lohse in the series.

We got 2 hit by baker, santana owns us like a dirty b****, and we barely hit lohse. That leaves Liriano who hits 97, is a lefty, has a good changeup, and is someone we have never seen.

Pray we hold on for the wild card.