Michigan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't a good team. I was going to pick Wisconsin in our pickem and last second changed it just because I didn't think Wiscy was anything special either.

What really killed me was not going with Minny over Purdue like I was planning. I decided one big upset (trying to pick Oregon over USC) was enough for me.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
Quite frankly they may lose 5 games this year

no they won't. They still have an outside chance at the big ten tittle. I ain't sold on OSU. Also Iowa has NO running game. Purdue always finds some way to blow it. MSU has a flawed defense. Im not saying it's going to be easy however don't count them out.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
no they won't.  They still have an outside chance at the big ten tittle.  I ain't sold on OSU.  Also Iowa has NO running game.  Purdue always finds some way to blow it.  MSU has a flawed defense.  Im not saying it's going to be easy however don't count them out.

Gimme a break, they have already loss one, they will get clobbered by OSU (OSU is vastly superior) and than you have the games against Iowa/Purude, etc.

I'm not saying Iowa's great, but they are basically in the same pathetic boat as Michigan as a middle of the pack Big 10 team this year.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
no they won't.  They still have an outside chance at the big ten tittle.  I ain't sold on OSU.  Also Iowa has NO running game.  Purdue always finds some way to blow it.  MSU has a flawed defense.  Im not saying it's going to be easy however don't count them out.

MSU has a pretty good record for a "flawed" defense....

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)

How many yards/point was IOWA averaging until they hit the bucks d-fense?

MSU is dominating good teams, and frankly will beat Michigan this year.

If you arent sold on OSU, you havent been watching. They gave the game away vs Texas, and just punished IOWA this weekend. Negative 20 rushing yards.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
How many yards/point was IOWA averaging until they hit the bucks d-fense?

MSU is dominating good teams, and frankly will beat Michigan this year.

If you arent sold on OSU, you havent been watching.  They gave the game away vs Texas, and just punished IOWA this weekend.  Negative 20 rushing yards.

yeah and their leading rusher last year rushed for 200 yards. Drew Tate can't carry that team by himself.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Gimme a break, they have already loss one, they will get clobbered by OSU (OSU is vastly superior) and than you have the games against Iowa/Purude, etc. 

I'm not saying Iowa's great, but they are basically in the same pathetic boat as Michigan as a middle of the pack Big 10 team this year.

we don't play purdue this year. Trust me this team will win 8-9 games this year at the least. They just have to get their act together.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
MSU has a pretty good record for a "flawed" defense....

because they have been putting up scary numbers on offense. That won't last much longer. Michigan's defense has actually been solid this season. They haven't allowed that many points. They also have the best receiver in the Big Ten in Jason Avant. He is in the top ten in the Nation for almost every important receiving category. He leads the Big Ten in Receiving yards by a large amount.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
because they have been putting up scary numbers on offense.  That won't last much longer.  Michigan's defense has actually been solid this season.  They haven't allowed that many points.  They also have the best receiver in the Big Ten in Jason Avant.  He is in the top ten in the Nation for almost every important receiving category.    He leads the Big Ten in Receiving yards by a large amount.

Their defense is solid? They have been giving up points like its going out of style. Wisconsin is a one man team, stop the run, stop wisco. They couldnt stop the run. Face it, this team was ridiculously overrated, they miss Edwards, the defense looks slow, and they are reeling.

MICHIGAN

1) Top five in the country as far as talent goes

2) The defense is rather solid. They played poorly against NIU. But dominated Notre Dame in the second half, and didn't play terrible in the first half either. You can't put Wisconsin on the defense, they were out there the entire second half, and had little field to work with.

3) They won't have an epoch crash that many are predicting and want to see this season, they aren't going to win the big ten either.

4) I like Carr, but year in and year out the talent is underachieving...

5) If things don't come together and michigan loses five games...big f***in deal. In 1984 Michigan finished .500, only to come back and win 10 games in '85 and beat Nebraska in the Fiesta bowl. In '95 and '96 Michigan suffered consecutive 4 loss seasons, look what happened in '97.

When in doubt as a Michigan fan, bring up the facts:

Big Ten titles: Michigan 41, Ohio St. 29

Head to Head with the Bucks: Michigan: 57-38-6

Most wins in college football history: Michigan

Highest Winning percentage: Michigan

Who makes the big ten look good :D

One mediocre season doesn't tarnish the Wolverines...

I'm at a loss here. I was actually surprised they fell out of the rankings, maybe I was just hoping but I was expecting them to be around 22-25. I remember the last time they weren't ranked and it was so dissapointing, here it is again very dissapointing. They should've won the game on Saturday and had numerous chances to win against Notre Dame. 5 Big Ten teams are in the top 25, Iowa and Michigan are not.

QUOTE(1549 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
MICHIGAN

When in doubt as a Michigan fan, bring up the facts:

Big Ten titles: Michigan 41, Ohio St. 29

Head to Head with the Bucks: Michigan: 57-38-6

Most wins in college football history: Michigan

Highest Winning percentage: Michigan

Who makes the big ten look good  :D

One mediocre season doesn't tarnish the Wolverines...

All americans: OSU 164 michigan 140

Heismans: OSU 6 Mich 3

National Awards: OSU 25 Mich 9

First Round draft picks: OSU 58 Mich 45

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
All americans: OSU 164 michigan 140

Heismans: OSU 6 Mich 3

National Awards: OSU 25 Mich 9

First Round draft picks: OSU 58 Mich 45

One BIG difference between the stats you quoted and the stats 1549 quoted... All of yours are individual stats. 1549 posted all teamstats.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
One BIG difference between the stats you quoted and the stats 1549 quoted... All of yours are individual stats.  1549 posted all teamstats.

Really? I didnt even notice that.

Michigan racked up 12 wins before 1912. Those dont mean much in my book. Most of those indiv stats were racked up from Woody Hayes and beyond. Regardless, Michigan sucks, and Ann Arbor is a whore. :P

Not many teams in the nation will be able to stop Calhoun. Wisconsin's line is big and powerful, and eventually you will be worn down. Don't discount UM's D because of that alone. Michigan will always have the talent, with several back to back top 5 recruiting classes to build on. People just have to start stepping up on defense, they have the talent, they just have to find the desire. I believe UM will finally click pretty soon and while not a normal UM season, will end up in a nice bowl game again.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Not many teams in the nation will be able to stop Calhoun. Wisconsin's line is big and powerful, and eventually you will be worn down. Don't discount UM's D because of that alone. Michigan will always have the talent, with several back to back top 5 recruiting classes to build on. People just have to start stepping up on defense, they have the talent, they just have to find the desire. I believe UM will finally click pretty soon and while not a normal UM season, will end up in a nice bowl game again.

Gator Bowl?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)

Explain to me how you "aint sold on OSU"....??? Also Avant being the best receiver? Ever heard of Holmes and Ginn???

Gator Bowl?

Yep, something along those lines. Here's how I see the rest of their schedule shaping up.

Sat., Oct. 1 at Michigan State* suprising win

Sat., Oct. 8 Minnesota* (HC) loss

Sat., Oct. 15 Penn State* win

Sat., Oct. 22 at Iowa* win

Sat., Oct. 29 at Northwestern* win

Sat., Nov. 12 Indiana* win

Sat., Nov. 19 Ohio State* loss

7-4

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Yep, something along those lines. Here's how I see the rest of their schedule shaping up.

Sat., Oct. 1  at Michigan State*      suprising win

Sat., Oct. 8 Minnesota* (HC)      loss

Sat., Oct. 15 Penn State*              win

Sat., Oct. 22 at Iowa*                win

Sat., Oct. 29 at Northwestern*    win

Sat., Nov. 12 Indiana*                  win

Sat., Nov. 19 Ohio State*              loss

7-4

I think that they will lose to MSU, beat Minn, lose to IOWA. And end up with 5 losses. but you never know.

Yeah, my logic is that they will be emotional for the MSU game, and manage to put together a good game to "save" the season. Then they will have a letdown against Minnesota with a hell of a running game. Iowa doesn't have the ground attack to beat Michigan if they focus solely on Tate. Thats my logic anyways.