3 way tie

BigSqwert

As of right now Boston, NY and Cleveland are all tied with the same record. We are 2 games ahead of all 3. only 2 of the 4 teams make the playoffs. We need to wake the f#$! up and beat up on Detroit like we should. Doesn't look like neither Boston or NY is laying down for their awful opponent and neither should we. I'm sure Cleveland is ready for the lowly Rays. All 4 teams control their own destiny. Win out and you're in. We are fortunate enought to have a 2 game cushion but I hope we play with some urgency as if we were down 2 games.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
As of right now Boston, NY and Cleveland are all tied with the same record.  We are 2 games ahead of all 3.  only 2 of the 4 teams make the playoffs.  We need to wake the f#$! up and beat up on Detroit like we should.  Doesn't look like neither Boston or NY is laying down for their awful opponent and neither should we.  I'm sure Cleveland is ready for the lowly Rays.  All 4 teams control their own destiny.  Win out and you're in.  We are fortunate enought to have a 2 game cushion but I hope we play with some urgency as if we were down 2 games.

:gosox1:

You're quite hostile.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
dont blow his argument Rock.  :D

sorry, didnt mean to totally kill the thread. We have a two game lead on these folks. Gaging that one of the two NY or Bos will lose 2 games during the weekend. We really just need to win one more game than them until then to assure us the WC. Being that Cle is also under some pressure now, im guessing this race will be close to the very end.

QUOTE(IndplsSoxFan @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
What would happen if Cle, Bos, & NYY finished with the same record.  How does MLB settle who's in and who's out?  A 1 game playoff for the AL east, & then the loser play another 1 game playoff for the wildcard?? Assuming that the Sox win the central!

1 game playoff for the east, then 1 game playoff for the WC.

QUOTE(IndplsSoxFan @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
What would happen if Cle, Bos, & NYY finished with the same record.  How does MLB settle who's in and who's out?  A 1 game playoff for the AL east, & then the loser play another 1 game playoff for the wildcard?? Assuming that the Sox win the central!

More details here.