Who is choking now????

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
The AL Central is going to be ridiculous next season.

Yeah, once Minny gets healthy they are gonna make this a really crazy 3 horse race. No matter what happens in the postseason this year, 2006 is gonna be a really kickass year for baseball.

The only way the White Sox could have maintained that 15 gm edge is by winning 110+ games. Who in their right mind would suggest they were capable of doing that after Frank went down? Do you not realize they got at least 10 wins riding on his back when he did play? He was the MVP of the series we faced TAM. We all know how well they played down the stretch so we can imagine not winning those games w/out Frank.

If Moronotti could bother being objective just once in his life he'd realize that MOST White Sox fans were prepared for a brutal August when the White Sox were facing the toughest schedule in MLB without a major cog in the lineup. Like previous seasons the team was persisntent & overcame hardship to post a winning Sept.

Does CLE manage to do that without Hafner? No. Not a chance.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
28-7 in 35 games for the Indians pretty much sums it up.

Which means we would have had to go what about 23-12 to have a 10 game lead still?

And for the record our record since the ASB;

July - 11-6

August - 12-16

September - 17-12

October - 2-0

So that's 42-34. A winning percentage of about .552. There are 7 teams in the MLB who have a higher winning percentage then this. BUT WE CHOKED, so it's all irrelevent. :bang

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
I think Ozzie Guillen has a different opinion on that matter.

They got the job done though right? Those players were good enough to get us that lead. How do you think someone like Ron Gardenhire is feeling in their players right now?

I think we swallowed the chicken bone, but yeah we were choking for a while. We lost games against KC and the Twins that we really should have won... but we failed in those nearly must win situations at executing the basics of baseball... getting a hit. Catching a fly ball. Not throwing wild.

As happy as it makes me to see us with possibly 99 wins at the end of the day and the best record since the 1910s, it doesn't make me happy to see a manager who almost overthought us out of the postseason.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
We lost games against KC and the Twins that we really should have won...

The KC games are understandable to be very annoyed at. The majority of the games we would have lost to Minny in the 2nd half though would have been against Johan Santana. And I know the pessimists are going to say, "well we should have figured out a way to hit him by now", but he's Johan Santana, and probably the best pitcher in baseball.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
They got the job done though right? Those players were good enough to get us that lead. How do you think someone like Ron Gardenhire is feeling in their players right now?

I'm just making an allusion to the quote that OG had during the strike about not playing for the fans.