EAT SHIT CHRIS BERMAN!!!!!!!!!&#33

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Berman's Boston connection really didn't show whatsoever in this series.  He just, as mentioned earlier in this thread, didn't do his homework on the White Sox very well.

Sorry man, I know you are stinging right now, but you are wrong.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 05:35 AM)
Are you serious?

Berman was all over the Red Sox's nuts this series, ESPECIALLY game 3.

No announcer is going to be completely unbias. While I think ESPN did a poor job in assigning the Berman group to the Red Sox game, I think he did an excellent job of calling the game down the middle.

...and in all honesty, why on earth does it matter? Why be all nutty over how some loser was more in favor of the Red Sox than the White Sox when you're on your way to the ALCS.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
No announcer is going to be completely unbias.  While I think ESPN did a poor job in assigning the Berman group to the Red Sox game, I think he did an excellent job of calling the game down the middle.

...and in all honesty, why on earth does it matter?  Why be all nutty over how some loser was more in favor of the Red Sox than the White Sox when you're on your way to the ALCS.

When you're watching a game intensly it kind of sucks to constantly hear the announcer cheer for the other team.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
Red Sox games on FOX where Buck and McCarver are announcing, I utilize the mute button.  It's a great tool.  I can definitly see where youre coming from.

Can't mute the TV. I have to beable to hear the crowd in order to get the full feel for the game and I can't turn on the radio because there's a 10 second delay between ESPN's HD feed and 1000's radio broadcast, I'm stuck listening to Berman.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 05:45 AM)
Can't mute the TV. I have to beable to hear the crowd in order to get the full feel for the  game and I can't turn on the radio because there's a 10 second delay between ESPN's HD feed and 1000's radio broadcast, I'm stuck listening to Berman.

That brings up another point, ha. Why does HD have to have such a delay? It's so frustrating at times, almost moreso than just having your tv on non-hd, atleast when you're on the phone with your dad and he's showing a reaction before anything happens...

Berman's Boston connection really didn't show whatsoever in this series.  He just, as mentioned earlier in this thread, didn't do his homework on the White Sox very well.

Watch the video clips at WhiteSox.com again. Listen to how Berman gets all excited and jacked up for Ortiz and Manny's homeruns. Then listen to his reaction to Konerko's homerun and Pierzynski and Uribe's doubles. Also, any time the Red Sox got a runner on base it was, "HERE COME THE RED SOX!!!" Berman is a tool and a shill and he damn sure wasn't rooting for the White Sox.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 06:07 AM)
Watch the video clips at WhiteSox.com again.  Listen to how Berman gets all excited and jacked up for Ortiz and Manny's homeruns.  Then listen to his reaction to Konerko's homerun and Pierzynski and Uribe's doubles.  Also, any time the Red Sox got a runner on base it was, "HERE COME THE RED SOX!!!"  Berman is a tool and a shill and he damn sure wasn't rooting for the White Sox.

I'm not saying he wasn't in favor of the Red Sox, he's a Red Sox fan, thats natural. However, I just don't think it was nearly as dramatic as people make it out to be. Whatever.

No announcer is going to be completely unbias.  While I think ESPN did a poor job in assigning the Berman group to the Red Sox game, I think he did an excellent job of calling the game down the middle.

Right down the middle? :lol:

It's a national broadcast. The announcers are supposed to be completely unbiased. Joe Buck needs to learn this lesson as well and stop rooting for the Cardinals during national broadcasts.

I'm not saying he wasn't in favor of the Red Sox, he's a Red Sox fan, thats natural.  However, I just don't think it was nearly as dramatic as people make it out to be.  Whatever.

It may be natural to be a fan and want to root for your team but you are supposed to throw your bias aside during a national broadcast.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
I'm not saying he wasn't in favor of the Red Sox, he's a Red Sox fan, thats natural.  However, I just don't think it was nearly as dramatic as people make it out to be.  Whatever.

It's his job, he should be able to put his personal feelings aside and do unbiased play by play.

Here are my $0.02:

During that great El Duque 6th inning, Sutcliffe actually said (when Graffanino came up to bat), that they are supposed to be neutral announcers (taking a jab at Boomer) but hwo can you not root for Graffy in this situation after what happened in game 2. I respect such favoritism, where he makes it clear why he is rooting for something and also acknowledging that he is supposed to be neutral

Also, I thik Piazza was very neutral and gave us tons of props, so did Sutcliffe.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 06:29 AM)
Also, I thik Piazza was very neutral and gave us tons of props, so did Sutcliffe.

Yeah, I like Piazza, despite the fact that he wears pink shirts from time to time. He has also posed in calendars, shirtless and glistening mind you. And then he wonders why he has to have a press conference to announce that he isn't gay.

Seriously though, Piazza has a promising future in the broadcasting booth.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Exactly.  What a classless thread.

Why dont you go piss off. If you didnt detect the bias in Bermans call of the game then you either......

A) are an idiot

or

B ) are such a Boston troll that you thought it was "down the middle"

or

C) all of the above

My guess is C.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)

When you're calling a game on NATIONAL tv you are supposed to be totally neutral.

That does not include.....

Yelling out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when Graf makes that error.

or

Screaming your fool head off when Ortiz and Ramirez park one but then be strangely silent when Konerko gives us the lead.

Nor does it include everything damn near including praying for the Red Sox to tie the game up or just assuming there will be a game 4 before the 1st pitch of an elimination game is thrown.

Why dont you go piss off.  If you didnt detect the bias in Bermans call of the game then you either......

A) are an idiot

or

B ) are such a Boston troll that you thought it was "down the middle"

or

C) all of the above

My guess is C.

Exactly. You would have to be a complete idiot to not recognize Berman's bias. It was obvious the entire series. My dad is a Cubs fan and even he was laughing at Berman's ridiculous antics and orgasms anytime Boston did something positive (Ortiz & Manny's homers). He also laughed at Berman's near silence whenever the White Sox did anything positive (Konerko's homer, Pierzynski & Uribe's doubles).

Go to MLB.com and watch the clip where El Duque gets out of Marte's bases loaded mess. When El Duque strikes out Johnny Damon to end the inning Berman cries out, "OHHH, HE GETS HIM TO GO!" It's only rivaled by his "OHHH NOOO!" call on Graffanino's error on Wednesday. :headshake

Edited by SSH2005

Redandwhite, even the biased Cubune thinks Chris Berman was ridiculously biased in favor of Boston.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

Hey-hey-hey, goodbye, Berman!

October 8, 2005

So long to hearing endless stories about the Boston Red Sox. Goodbye to Babe Ruth, breaking the curse and blah, blah, blah.

And most of all, see you later, Chris Berman.

The White Sox spared their fans from hearing Berman call another one of their games on ESPN. Thank you, El Duque.

Berman was tolerable during the first two games, giving each side a fair shake. But Friday, he walked into Fenway Park, sniffed the Boston air and began to overdose on the Red Sox.

It almost felt like a Cubs fan hearing Ken Harrelson call one of the cross-town games. There is little question that "Boomer" is an enthusiastic guy, but he went too far in Boston's favor Friday.

Berman nearly jumped out of the booth on the calls for David Ortiz's and Manny Ramirez's back-to-back homers. He then almost hyperventilated, thinking Trot Nixon followed with a third straight homer. It turned out to be a routine fly.

In the sixth inning, while the White Sox scored two runs to take a 4-2 lead, Berman said, "The Red Sox can't let this game get away."

Then when Juan Uribe struck out to end the inning, he said, "Maybe that's the lift Boston needs." Huh?

The final two innings were excruciating as Berman started to eulogize the end of Boston's reign. He rhapsodized about how wonderful it has been in New England. It was enough to make me never want to watch "Cheers" again.

Berman also asked, "Could [boston] be low in the tank?" Boston had to be spent mentally to lose three in a row to the White Sox, right?

At that point, most White Sox fans wanted to throw their Nellie Fox bats at the television.

The White Sox, though, put viewers in a Berman-free zone for the rest of the postseason. Winning is sweet, isn't it?

WGN-Ch. 9 lost its picture briefly during the opening moments of the game. ESPN had warned the station beforehand there could be a technical issue with the sun affecting the satellite.

esherman@tribune.com

Edited by SSH2005

I'm sure, just like anything, Bahston Berman did nothing wrong in the eyes of New Englanders everywhere.

GOOD BYE BERMAN! SO SORRY I DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOUR SORRY ASS ANYMORE.

And oh, BTW, Graf is probably STILL the best hitter the White Sox don't have.

ZING.

Red and Red, you are clueless on this.

If you think Berman was calling this right down the middle, removed the 3 pound glob of ear wax from your ear.

The douchebag ended the game with the Red Sox season is over. He cried when Graffanino made the error. He creamed his pants during the Manny and Ortiz HRs. He went into cardiac arrest when they left the bases loaded with no outs.

He didn't call the game down the middle.

Also, I just want to say, for all of the Soxtalk faithful, there is no way in hell that anyone can be a legitimate fan of two major sports teams in the same league. It just doesn't happen. White Sox fans hate every other team so much it would sicken them to cheer for a organization like the Red Sawx.

Thanks for playing though.

I had the sound down almost the entire game. I only turned it up when the Sox did something good, like for Konerko's homer.

But, I recorded the game and watched the tape last night. I have no problem with the other two guys, but Berman treated the White Sox like an annoyance--some damn team that got in the way of talking wall to wall about Boston and the big story: how the Red Sox always come back from the brink of elimination and have been so wonderful for the last three years.

All you have to know about his bias is the call when Konerko squeezes it for the final out: "And the Red Sox..."

But, it's over, we won it. We shut up the BoSox backers in Bristol and across New England and we move on. This feels great!