EAT SHIT CHRIS BERMAN!!!!!!!!!&#33

NUKE_CLEVELAND

What is so hard to understand with this situation?  Chris Berman is a Red Sox fan.  Blame ESPN for assigning him to the White Sox series, not Berman for being himself.

Once again, like many have already said, just because you are a fan of a certain team doesn't mean you can't do your job properly without rooting for that team. It's called professionalism. Berman has none. There's a reason Hawk will never do another national broadcast again. He admits his bias towards the White Sox and he'd rather just do local broadcasts and be able to root for his team. Hawk said this on Mike North the other morning.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Once again, like many have already said, just because you are a fan of a certain team doesn't mean you can't do your job properly without rooting for that team.  It's called professionalism.  Berman has none.  There's a reason Hawk will never do another national broadcast again.  He admits his bias towards the White Sox and he'd rather just do local broadcasts and be able to root for his team.  Hawk said this on Mike North the other morning.

Being bias or not, Berman isn't a good announcer and that isn't his job. He's an analyst, and should be nothing more as evident by this series.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
ok stop talking about this topic, red sox boy.

I think guys like RedandWhite would be equally upset if Hawk had done the ESPN broadcast and piped up with his famous HR call when Konerko belted that HR or when Duke got out of that inning or any one of a thousand different examples.

I expect complete objectivity from NATIONAL broadcasts. I was disappointed.

I lost a lot of respect for Berman after that ugly display on national tv. Every single little thing that went Boston's way was the best play ever, but when a similar play went Chicago's way, it was ok. Olerud makes a play at first and he is giving him a virtual blow job from the booth (Berman wipes chin), then Paulie makes 2 great plays at first and it was tough luck for the Boston hitters. It was very annoying.

He needs to stick to football and Jenny Craig.

:puke

I think all WhiteSox fans sould e-mail ESPN and thank them for trying to annoy us with Berman and we sould tell them that we think berman IS A TOTAL TOOL.

NOW, that bad thing is, we get another tool from FOX, that is Tim"The Yanks can't do anything wrong" McCarver. I mean he is another annoying mutha f***er

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
I think all WhiteSox fans sould e-mail ESPN and thank them for trying to annoy us with Berman and we sould tell them that we think berman IS A TOTAL TOOL.

NOW, that bad thing is, we get another tool from FOX, that is Tim"The Yanks can't do anything wrong" McCarver. I mean he is another annoying mutha f***er

If we're lucky the Spankees wont be around for the next series.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

This is a good thing for a lot of reasons. There will be no more references to Red Sox Nation. There will be no more confusion when someone mentions the word "Sox." There will be no more talk of anything having to do with clam chowder.

(By the way, ESPN announcer Chris Berman, who couldn't have revealed his Boston bias any more unless he had worn a mesh Red Sox muscle shirt on the air, is reporting the BoSox are still alive.)

Ok, two columnists have acknowledged it. I no longer think we have excessively b****ed about it.