Spanks vs Angels game 5

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
I'm telling you, we aren't going to just win automatically.  The team will be better then Boston was game 1.  At least you'd think so.

I hope nobody is just assuming a win tomorrow, you can't assume wins in any game in the playoffs. Just cause pitching matchups are in your favor doesn't mean you're going to win, not even close.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody is just assuming we will win, but you have to admit that things are going better than we could have hoped for them to go for the opposition. The only way it could get better would be for them to tie it up and go into massive extra innings. But as of now, I like the way this game is turning out. I would rather see both teams perform like this, then one of them get a rush from winning, than both teams play brilliantly and then one get even hotter from winning.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
I wonder just how bad Colon is?  If he's not able to go at all, we have a BIG advantage in pitching.

Still, K-ROD makes me nervous.  If we're ahead enough in the series, hopefully we don't have to see him much.

Id rather face K-Rod than Rivera in a situation like that.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Thing is, I'd rather face the guys that lead up to Rivera than the guys that lead up to K-Rod.

Problem there is torre will use Flash and then MO for two so that ain't easy right there. Donnelly aint what he was and shields has had a few problems as of late and Krod still ain't in MO's league. They got a good bullpen but I think we have the deepest bullpen in the playoffs.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
All around I agree that LAA's pitchers are better then the Spankees - up until Rivera.

Someone who has some time, what is our splits like this year against K-Rod.

If we've faced him it's only been a game or two but we got to him last year I know that.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Thats assuming that Bartolo is ok, too.

Bart has had back problems most of the 2ndhalf, and it appears to be getting worse. I would HIGHLY doubt he will pitch in the ALCS and probably the WS, if they make it, for that matter. Either way were sitting VERY pretty. :D