JM to address media at 4pm

ANDYTHECLOWN

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The gig was for KW to state he is reconsidering his status with the team.  Nothing final or new that we didn't already know.

Very interesting. Sounds to me like he's going to be resigning soon. I guess he mentioned his children and then incident and (THIS NEXT PART IS ME SPECULATING) that he is figuring that he says I'm reconsidering whether I should take a lesser job so I can spend more time with the family. Then a few days from now he steps down.

JUST ME SPECULATING

Why would KW say he is investigating his position with the team. To add more speculation to the crap around the team already? Whitesox management needs a smack. He should be going int here to say he is quiting and will make the announcment tommorrow morning. Only God knows why I follow this team.

Why would KW say he is investigating his position with the team. To add more speculation to the crap around the team already? Whitesox management needs a smack. He should be going int here to say he is quiting and will make the announcment tommorrow morning. Only God knows why I follow this team.

Never thought about it that way. I guess he's just going to increase the speculation and rumors until something finally happens, further taking away the attention to the team and it's on field problems

You bring up an excellent point. If in fact he did say that he is questioning his position with the team, then it leads to even more uncertainty and uncertainty is the last thing you need when a team is playing the way the Sox are.

Of course play like the Sox are and uncertainty will follow, the uncertainty of who will cut cut, traded, or fired. This team is in the need of a major shakeup and since its easier to fire the coaches, gm then it is the players mid season, Id assume that is what would be done.

Obviously I assume too much, because its yet to be done.

I could easily follow the Astros or the Rangers. Games on free tv, newspaper, radio, and television coverage. But noooooo I'm watching the season from my computer on mlb.com and clinging to hope from a press conference. At least I won't be accused of being a Johnny come lately when we finally we something.

:)

Chisoxfn, your speculation sounds very plausable and I get the same feeling. If Kenny can plant the seed thathe has been considering a status change, tie it in with a conveniently leaked family crisis, and then step down 'on his own' a few days from now, he saves face in his opinion. Just as he has been accused of taking the credit for thinking up 'ideas' that are actually other people's suggestion, this way kenny can take credit for the idea of firing himself! Curiouser and curiouser...

You guys covered everything I just listened to on my voicemail. I have no idea what is going on there. Surprisingly I did get a call back to tell me that an "announcement" was delayed.. then delayed again. Now I hear 5pm. But, IMO.. this is all bulls***. Kenny's probably going to announce a hangnail or something.

I'm sorry I got everyone's hopes up. :bang

Chisoxfn, your speculation sounds very plausable and I get the same feeling.  If Kenny can plant the seed thathe has been considering a status change, tie it in with a conveniently leaked family crisis, and then step down 'on his own' a few days from now, he saves face in his opinion.  Just as he has been accused of taking the credit for thinking up 'ideas' that are actually other people's suggestion, this way kenny can take credit for the idea of firing himself!  Curiouser and curiouser...

Well the thing it does is gives KW a great way to walk back into another organization or to simply take a lesser job with the Sox.

He won't have to hear the oh you were fired crap or anything like that. He'll kind of get a good guy image from this because he's doing this for his family. I agree, someone had to leak that story out, because a minors name isn't supposed to be given. Maybe this incident happened a week or so ago and thats when KW decided he was going to go under and all the latest stuff has just been cover up work to stage it.

You guys covered everything I just listened to on my voicemail. I have no idea what is going on there. Surprisingly I did get a call back to tell me that an "announcement" was delayed.. then delayed again. Now I hear 5pm. But, IMO.. this is all bulls***. Kenny's probably going to announce a hangnail or something.

I'm sorry I got everyone's hopes up.  :bang

5 sounds about right. I know that Kaplan mentioned 5, but I thought it was him giving an interview, maybe it was when it was pushed back to.

Geeze, who the hell knows now, lol. I just hope this will be all over very soon and we can all get back to focusing on the Sox play (WHICH I really think will get better; Just way too much talent on this team)

Selig may also be counseling the Sox to be very carefull in light of the Marlins possibly not following league guidelines in hiring their new manager. The Sox dumping JM or KW would raise a few eyebrows from those who don't follow the stuff on the field. :huh:

I could easily follow the Astros or the Rangers. Games on free tv, newspaper, radio, and television coverage. But noooooo I'm watching the season from my computer on mlb.com and clinging to hope from a press conference.

you see, that is exactly why you are a Sox fan! :lol: We never do it easy when we can it do it rough! :cheers :cheers :cheers

Selig may also be counseling the Sox to be very carefull in light of the Marlins possibly not following league guidelines in hiring their new manager.  The Sox dumping JM or KW would raise a few eyebrows from those who don't follow the stuff on the field.  :huh:

Maybe the hard thing would be to dump Ward, Williams, and Manuel all at once. All would be african americans. Once again just speculating. Still, look at the track record of what they have done, and you could see logic to canning each and every one of them.

Selig may also be counseling the Sox to be very carefull in light of the Marlins possibly not following league guidelines in hiring their new manager.  The Sox dumping JM or KW would raise a few eyebrows from those who don't follow the stuff on the field.  :huh:

we fired Larry Doby, we can fire KW.

what counts is how we replace them and unless we have Jesus lined up to be the next GM, I hope they take some time and interview everyone and get it right. Hahn can be acting GM in the meantime, until we find the right person.

Maybe the hard thing would be to dump Ward, Williams, and Manuel all at once.  All would be african americans.  Once again just speculating.  Still, look at the track record of what they have done, and you could see logic to canning each and every one of them.

A three-firing would be unprecedented I think in baseball.

I will settle for firing KW -

and then let JM choose his new batting coach instead of having one imposed on him -

if JM does the replacing of the batting coach no one will notice a thing about Ward other than his absence will help us.