AND THATS A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF WINNER

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marky is an ace, a few bad outings doesn't make less of a man out of you. Anyways, the Angel pen was terrific again. I have no idea why Donnelly only got 1/3 of an inning but we might not hit Shields all series and Escobar is still nasty. This game will be remembered for the call but now we can go into Anaheim on a good feeling and knowing that we don't have to win 2 to survive. 2 would be sweet though....

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Marky is an ace, a few bad outings doesn't make less of a man out of you. Anyways, the Angel pen was terrific again. I have no idea why Donnelly only got 1/3 of an inning but we might not hit Shields all series and Escobar is still nasty. This game will be remembered for the call but now we can go into Anaheim on a good feeling and knowing that we don't have to win 2 to survive. 2 would be sweet though....

They should go in there trying to end it. Man this is a good series! :gosox1:

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
IF SOMEONE SENDS ME AN ORIGINAL "CHICAGO" FOGHORN THAT THEY HAVE OWNED I WILL GO TO ANAHEIM AND CRANK IT EACH IMPORTANT PITCH IN THE NEXT SERIES!  I AM GOING TO ALL 3 GAMES!

You mean Chicago Air-Raid Siren... don't you?

Totally off topic, but this has been bothering me. Anyone at the game know the song that was played before they announced the Angels lineup? Lol I know, I'm just having one of those moments where I wanted to remember it and totally forgot. It was kind of an older song, sounded like a 90's tune maybe.

Anyway, The crowd tonite was electric, and I was happy to be a part of it. It was one of those nights that you'll never forget. And I'm thankful that I got to attend the game with my Dad, his first playoff game in his 53 years. Thanks White Sox, especially Mark Buerhle, for a unforgettable evening.

PS, thank you umpires.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
There are a bunch but then a good percentage of the posters here dont live in the Chicago area.

Yeah.

I live 110 miles from Chicago, so not far... but still in Michigan.

I went on whitesox.com and got excited when I saw the playoff ticket sweepstakes.

Then saw that it was only for Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin residents.

:crying

It's not fair, I tell ya.

I can't figure out where else to put this, but I have to get it off my chest:

Lost in all the commotion about "the call" was the fact that the bottom of the ninth should have never been played. Sending Rowand home in the 2nd inning is one of the worst calls by a base coach I have ever seen. There is not ONE logical reason for sending a runner home in that situation, not one.

This isn't the first time Cora's blew it, either. I really hope he gets replaced next season -- I'm tired of his bonehead decisions.

And no, his aggresiveness has not done more good than bad. In situations where the choice to send is risky, far more runners have failed than scored this season.

In summary, I hate Joey Cora. Thank You.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
I still love the hanging pitch by Escobar

LOL

Obviously Sciosia has to argue that call, but I don't understand why he kept at it so long. There's virtually no chance the call's gonna change, and meanwhile, your players are milling about, getting worked up. Why not just argue it for a minute, then get the ball back into Escobar's hand quick? He was nasty last night; he made Iguchi look foolish.