Bush Teleconference With Soldiers Staged

KipWellsFan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5101301361.html

WASHINGTON -- It was billed as a conversation with U.S. troops, but the questions President Bush asked on a teleconference call Thursday were choreographed to match his goals for the war in Iraq and Saturday's vote on a new Iraqi constitution.

"This is an important time," Allison Barber, deputy assistant defense secretary, said, coaching the soldiers before Bush arrived. "The president is looking forward to having just a conversation with you."

Barber said the president was interested in three topics: the overall security situation in Iraq, security preparations for the weekend vote and efforts to train Iraqi troops.

stupid.

should we blame ANY of these political twits that are using everything in their power to sway public opinion? Bush, Clinton, they're all doing the exact same thing.

Clinton gets a free pass on anything that's staged; Bush is the anti-Christ. WTF is the difference?

Absolutely nothing.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
should we blame ANY of these political twits that are using everything in their power to sway public opinion?  Bush, Clinton, they're all doing the exact same thing.

Clinton gets a free pass on anything that's staged; Bush is the anti-Christ.  WTF is the difference?

Absolutely nothing.

In Clinton's defense, he did do some PR moves where his ass was in the fire a bit (i.e. when he gave a speech at the Vietnam memorial and hawks were there heckling him the whole time)

You're right -- Bush and Clinton were (are) both f***ing us. Clinton just had the decency to buy us flowers and occassionally call. And I think a lot of the Bush bashing is about his claims to restore honor and dignity to the White House (an obvious stab @ Clinton)...and with that rhetoric and these types of actions -- He's one big f***ing hypocrite.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
Earlier today I saw a reporter in a boat in the New Jersey flood. She looked like she was using a paddle, but 2 men came walking by right behind her and the water didn't even come up to their knees as they went by. I thought it was pretty funny. The media also stages things.

That was hilarious here's the video

http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/10/14/todayshow/