Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Well my Eagles pick up win number 20.  I never understood why nonconference games were played this late in the season, the lack of motivation in tonights game was more than apparent.

20 wins nonetheless, and Boston College is playing there best basketball of the season.

Oh, and I don't think I ever rubbed it in PH's face, so for the record BC beat up your Tar Heels in Chapel Hill, my friend.

Nice Sig.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
If you wanna know willies true colors, look at his member title.

:headshake :headshake :headshake :headshake :headshake :headshake

:puke :puke :puke

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
I think more than likely Texas is the team that loses out, although with their brutal conference schedule Memphis could suffer too. That's a really tough call right now, but those 3 with UConn and Duke seem to be ahead of the pack. Much as I like the Big Ten, I don't like their chances of stealing a #1 seed. All of the contenders minus OSU have at least 4 loses already, and they're also the only one that hasn't lost to a Big Ten dog yet. One of the teams would have to go on a serious run.

If that would be the case...honestly It would have to be Iowa. Aside from Uconn and Duke they have more wins against top 50 foes than anyone in the country. That said there is no way in freaking hell Iowa would get a 1 seed.

If they won out it would be interesting, but that ain't happening.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
You could always, you know, rebutt my legitmate points.  But I figured not, wouldn't expect that out an Indiana fan (and I find it ironic that an Indiana fan of all people would tell somebody to go back into their hole).

Why can IU pay more money? Is it just cause they are a more storied team and my guess is they have a bigger athletic budget or something? Its not like Villanova doesn't get big time fan support and they are in a major city.

Plus being Villanova is a private school (which means far greater donations from alumni and obviously greater tuition) I'd have to think they would be the team with a potentially bigger budget.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
It's just funny that he would find it appropriate to point out that IU hasn't won a title in 19 years.

That's just funny to me, you know, coming from a fan of a school that's never won one. 

But maybe that's just me.

All that said...right now I'm taking the Illini over IU if I were a head coach. Its just like how USC (a powerhouse football program) wasn't able to hire anyone while they were down, yet if they went out now they'd get whoever the hell they wanted.

Everyone in LA b****ed and screamed when half the coaches turned down the job and they offered it to Pete Carrol. Look at Notre Dame, the school went down and its had far greater football success relatively recently than IU has had in basketball, yet they weren't able to get Meyer and other guys and the 1st go round they had to settle for Willingham.

Luckily they found Weiss, an alum who is coming to his perfect situation. Plus ND and USC are easily as great in football as IU is in basketball. All this means is that while tradition helps, it is not the end all.

That was the angriest I have been with a win in a long time. Shame on Oklahoma State for coaching complete thug ball. KU and OSU had their second team in the game with 12 minutes left in the first half. Every single play had a f***in foul, there was no ebb and flow to this game. It was a first half battle of the bench. Shame on OSU fans for cheering for a coach who drives drunk. Shame on Sean Sutton for coaching his team to just hack away. I was completely impressed with Kansas down the stretch, in a tough atmosphere, they really played well down the stretch. Anyone who says Julian Wright is not good is completely nuts, i have never seen a man his size pass like that.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, thanks for reading.

I understand IU fans for idolizing Knight, he was fired.

Sutton drove his f***in tree into god knows what after he was reportedly falling down in a bar parking lot.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
You're a smart, smart man. :D

Next time your with Krush's girlfriend you better say that. If Iowa beats Illinois at Assembly (big if) I'm gonna make sure to tell Krush that I say Iowa >>> infinity than Illinois :P

Speaking of which, Brian, your getting that sig this week. I just realized I had forgotten.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Next time your with Krush's girlfriend you better say that.  If Iowa beats Illinois at Assembly (big if) I'm gonna make sure to tell Krush that I say Iowa >>> infinity than Illinois  :P

that may have been the best bar conversation of all time by the way.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
I'm going to show Ashley these posts, and you're all going to be sorry.

Jason, you're a lazy POS with these sigs. You beat us Jan 7. Also, the sig comes down the 25th when we beat you.

And if it doesn't it stays up 2 more weeks. If not I'll put up a sig of Illinois??

And ya, I'm ballsy...I got faith in my Hawks.