Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else get the impression that at any time during a Duke broadcast that Dick Vitale is getting sexually arounsed just watching the Blue Devils? And speficially JJ Redick?

And there is a ref conspiricy...Duke gets any and all calls.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 02:44 AM)
Statistically speaking, UCLA is one of the best defenses in the country.  There adjusted defensive efficiency is 8th in the country.  Shockingly Iowa is 2nd in the country . Kansas is #1.

Thats from some stat website I was looking at.  So I'm going to totally disagree with where you knock UCLA's defense.  They will be in the elite 8.

I didn't say their D was bad, I said I didn't think it was as solid as Illinois', regardless of the stats. I think the two teams are very similar, and that neither is going that far. Both teams play good D and have passable but not stellar offenses. The major difference I see is that Illinois is doing it in the Big Ten, whereas UCLA is doing it in a virtual mid-major conference. Also, while both teams rely heavily on two players offensively, Illinois can get some help from McBride, Pruitt, and Randle, while Mbah a Moute, Bozeman, and the rest of their roster isn't really adept at creating their own shots.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Anyone else get the impression that at any time during a Duke broadcast that Dick Vitale is getting sexually arounsed just watching the Blue Devils?  And speficially JJ Redick?

And there is a ref conspiricy...Duke gets any and all calls.

Mike Patrick might actually be worse. Every time Redick hits an even moderately difficult shot it sounds like he needs to change his pants.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Mike Patrick might actually be worse. Every time Redick hits an even moderately difficult shot it sounds like he needs to change his pants.

Ha can't argue there. This game though, Vitale is splooging himself over bc. He's said like 30 times already "BC is no doubt a legit team to make it to indianopolis."

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Interesting little shoving match in the Duke-BC game. Sure is taking them a while to sort it out.

Nothing big. Paulus got up and swung his arms in celebration, accidentally hit Hinnant who thought he got blind sided because he didn't see what happened so he pushed him back. Just confusion really.

Edited by Rowand44

I agree with them when they say JJ is a good shooter...great from the free throw line, and pretty good from 3. Not as good as ESPN makes him out to be, no where near the greatest 3 shooter in history...NCAA or ACC.

When you add in the rest of his game...poor in pretty much every area...not a good pass, not a good ball handler, cant create his own shots...I see a good yet extremely overhype college player with little to no pro career.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
I agree with them when they say JJ is a good shooter...great from the free throw line, and pretty good from 3.  Not as good as ESPN makes him out to be, no where near the greatest 3 shooter in history...NCAA or ACC.

When you add in the rest of his game...poor in pretty much every area...not a good pass, not a good ball handler, cant create his own shots...I see a good yet extremely overhype college player with little to no pro career.

JJ is one of the best pure shooters the college game has ever seen.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
JJ is one of the best pure shooters the college game has ever seen.

I'm sorry, he's got nothing on Jerry West and Pete Maravich. He also shoots a pretty low percentage for someone that is supposedly one of the all-time greats.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Did I say the best?  I obviously didn't see much of either of those guys but he's easily one of the best ever.

He's not even close to guys like that though. Maravich averaged 40 a game without the 3-pointer. Plus you'd think that someone that is supposedly the greatest ever would shoot a bit better than 40% from the arc.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
I'm sorry, he's got nothing on Jerry West and Pete Maravich. He also shoots a pretty low percentage for someone that is supposedly one of the all-time greats.

Cause he takes a lot of bad shots. I have a lot of complaints about JJ but as a pure shooter, he's one of the best, no doubt in my mind.