Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
I agree with them when they say JJ is a good shooter...great from the free throw line, and pretty good from 3.  Not as good as ESPN makes him out to be, no where near the greatest 3 shooter in history...NCAA or ACC.

When you add in the rest of his game...poor in pretty much every area...not a good pass, not a good ball handler, cant create his own shots...I see a good yet extremely overhype college player with little to no pro career.

Bulls***!

Like him or not, Redick has done an excellent job of improving his game in all areas. I have seen him create his own shot and score in many ways besides 3-pointers and free throws this year. Redick is by no means simply a standup shooter.

No, Redick isn't the best player ever. No, he isn't the best shooter ever. But the guy can flat out play and he is huge in the clutch. Any guy that is as active offensively as he is, will have plenty of failures to go with many successes.

If you want to hate him, fine. But give him his fair due. He's not a POY candidate for NOTHING.

Actually, he is a POY candidate because he broke a 3 pt record and he plays at Duke.

But, your wrong...he cannot create his own shots, I wont say he's a horrible ball handler but he is no better than average, and hes not a good passer.

He is about the definition of a one trick pony.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
Actually, he is a POY candidate because he broke a 3 pt record and he plays at Duke.

But, your wrong...he cannot create his own shots, I wont say he's a horrible ball handler but he is no better than average, and hes not a good passer. 

No, he's become a lot better player this year. He goes inside a lot more now, and that's raised his game to a different level than past years.

The Redick hate needs to stop. Dude is great. That's it. He stepped up like great players are supposed to today. Props to Duke for holding on and beating a really good team in BC. BC is gonna be extremely dangerous in the tourney. I knew Smith and Dudley were very good players. I didn't realize they were such good passers. They've got an extremely athletic team that can give you fits defensively.

34 at-large bids to give out, here's how I see it...

ACC

BC

NC State

UNC

Big East

Cincinnati

Connecticut

Georgetown

Marquette

Pitt

Villanova

West Virginia

Big Ten

Ohio St./Iowa loser

Illinois

Indiana

Michigan

Michigan St.

Wisconsin

Big Twelve

Kansas/Texas loser

Oklahoma

Texas A&M

Pac 10

Arizona

Cal

Washington

SEC

Alabama

Arkansas

Kentucky

LSU

Tennessee

Others

Bradley

George Mason

George Washington

Missouri St.

Northern Iowa

UAB

Wichita St.

Bubbles Burst

Seton Hall

Hofstra

Utah State

Florida State

Creighton

Maryland

Air Force

Colorado

I think that's everyone. The team's that I'm not to sure about are Michigan, George Mason, and the Missouri Valley teams. I think Seton Hall could very well get in over one of these teams and Hofstra might get in instead of George Mason.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)

Sorry but that is just full of s***.

Let's just look at some numbers to help your cause........

-- Through his first three years, JJ scored 78% of his points on three-pointers or free throws. He was consistent at 78%, 76% and 78%. This season, going into today's game he was at 64%. I'd say that is marked improvement at finding other ways to score.

-- He's made 32 more two point FG's than 3's this year. He shoots those two-pointers at a 55.8% clip. Don't try and tell me these are all easy breakaway layups either.

-- He plays 37+ minutes/game and takes 18 shots/game. He turns the ball over 2.4 times/game, which in my mind is not too damned bad for a guy who has the ball in his hand as much as he does. He averages 2.6 assists/game. While that is not a great TO/assist ratio, he is not a point guard. For a scorer that does what he does, I would consider that serviceable for sure.

-- His overall shooting % went from 40% last year to 48% this year. He's making the same number of 3's this year as last, yet his scoring has gone up 6+ points/game. I'd say he is finding more ways to score, including creating his own shot.

Oh wait, these numbers DON'T help your argument.

Let's talk again when you can share some actually knowledge.

Edited by Rex Hudler