Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
i received this from deb in reply to my email....

You should’ve received the following email last night from your new sales representative:

Thank you for your interest in our on-line 2006 season tickets/World Series offer. As you might imagine we have received an overwhelming response and the demand for World Series tickets far exceeds what we have available. We are in the process of calling everyone whose order we can fill in order to confirm seat location and other details. Based on the number of orders we have already received, we will not be able to fill all orders.  If you have not spoken with someone in our sales department by Friday at noon, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to fulfill your request.  Once it is clear that we are not able to fulfill your request, we will refund the online fee to your credit card. 

As a reminder, by submitting your deposit online you acknowledged that World Series tickets are limited, and your offer to purchase 2006 season tickets and 2005 World Series tickets may not be accepted by the Chicago White Sox, in its discretion.  Your order is not accepted until you have been contacted by an account executive, selected a seat location, your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network.

We appreciate your patience and your enthusiasm for the White Sox, and we hope you’ll continue to support us as we work to bring a World Series Championship to Chicago. 

Please note that most of those that came to U.S. Cellular Field were picking up already-placed orders, or solely putting in a request (as you did online),  Those requests were and are still be filled first-come, first-served.  Their requests did not guarantee World Series tickets – just as the online requests did not as well.  We are making every effort to contact everyone by Friday. 

Thank you for your patience.

I got just about the same email. So now I'm gonna be torn between waiting on a call (which I'm assuming I CANNOT miss lest I lose my spot in line) and trying to score some "decently" priced tickets. The agony...

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last bit was good to see – that people being serviced at the office that morning were mainly picking up and not essentuially being allowed to jump the line in front of online submissions.

There is really no argument suggesting that lack of order processing manpower was the weakest link either. There wimply was not a big enough chunk of WS tickets available to meet the demand for the deal. I'm disappointed, but mostly with my Dad and me for not getting our order in a few hours earlier.

Oh well, it looks like Hurricane Wilma may be changing my plans to fly in of Friday anyway. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
I got just about the same email.  So now I'm gonna be torn between waiting on a call (which I'm assuming I CANNOT miss lest I lose my spot in line) and trying to score some "decently" priced tickets.  The agony...

As they used to say on the SCORE "Who you crappin" - there are no "decently priced" seats!!!!!!

A grand just to sit in the nosebleed section!!! Will use that money for deposit on season tickets and hope for next year!!!!!

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
i received this from deb in reply to my email....

You should’ve received the following email last night from your new sales representative:

Thank you for your interest in our on-line 2006 season tickets/World Series offer. As you might imagine we have received an overwhelming response and the demand for World Series tickets far exceeds what we have available. We are in the process of calling everyone whose order we can fill in order to confirm seat location and other details. Based on the number of orders we have already received, we will not be able to fill all orders.  If you have not spoken with someone in our sales department by Friday at noon, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to fulfill your request.  Once it is clear that we are not able to fulfill your request, we will refund the online fee to your credit card. 

As a reminder, by submitting your deposit online you acknowledged that World Series tickets are limited, and your offer to purchase 2006 season tickets and 2005 World Series tickets may not be accepted by the Chicago White Sox, in its discretion.  Your order is not accepted until you have been contacted by an account executive, selected a seat location, your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network.

We appreciate your patience and your enthusiasm for the White Sox, and we hope you’ll continue to support us as we work to bring a World Series Championship to Chicago. 

Please note that most of those that came to U.S. Cellular Field were picking up already-placed orders, or solely putting in a request (as you did online),  Those requests were and are still be filled first-come, first-served.  Their requests did not guarantee World Series tickets – just as the online requests did not as well.  We are making every effort to contact everyone by Friday. 

Thank you for your patience.

I placed my order Monday night but I never got this e-mail so I'm assuming no hope for me.

I too placed my order monday online and also emaile, and called my rep. I just got a call from him saying I am all good. Two tickets each game and season for next year. I went with club level and he culd'nt tell me where anything will be. He did not even know i filled out the online form.

Also my wife threw me a party for my Bday in the patio. One of my friends lost two of the tickets and it was the sold out NY sun game. My rep found my wife two tickets and saved the day. I did'nt have the heart to tell her that the same rep called me earler in the week and blew the suprise by calling to confirm the party. When he called me today he remembered I did'nt tell on him and said he would take care of me........he did!!! :cheers

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
I too placed my order monday online and also emaile, and called my rep. I just got a call from him saying I am all good. Two tickets each game and season for next year. I went with club level and he culd'nt tell me where anything will be. He did not even know i filled out the online form.

Also my wife threw me a party for my Bday in the patio. One of my friends lost two of the tickets and it was the sold out NY sun game. My rep found my wife two tickets and saved the day. I did'nt have the heart to tell her that the same rep called me earler in the week and blew the suprise by calling to confirm the party. When he called me today he remembered I did'nt tell on him and said he would take care of me........he did!!! :cheers

:cheers

That rocks!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)

I cannot believe this, this is the most unbelievable thing I have ever read...

Oh wait...I'm not suprised or upset at all...and I haven't been on pins and needles the whole time like that guy. He needs to calm down. :rolly