Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

Guaranteed SOX Series tickets -- with a catch

Published October 17, 2005

The White Sox announced Monday that they would guarantee tickets to any of the four World Series games scheduled for U.S. Cellular Field -- if the buyer puts down a deposit for 2006 season tickets.

Individual tickets for the Series go on sale at noon Tuesday.

Here's the way press release phrased it:

"Fans wishing to guarantee a seat for the 2005 World Series can make a deposit on 2006 White Sox season tickets and then purchase 2005 World Series tickets. A 50 percent deposit on the 2006 tickets is required. "

For information, contact the White Sox sales department at 312-674-1000. The team said the offer ends at 11 a.m. tomorrow or while supplies last.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)

The White Sox announced Monday that they would guarantee tickets to any of the four World Series games scheduled for U.S. Cellular Field -- if the buyer puts down a deposit for 2006 season tickets.

"Fans wishing to guarantee a seat for the 2005 World Series can make a deposit on 2006 White Sox season tickets and then purchase 2005 World Series tickets. A 50 percent deposit on the 2006 tickets is required. "

For information, contact the White Sox sales department at 312-674-1000. The team said the offer ends at 11 a.m. tomorrow or while supplies last.

That's a great offer...no doubt...good ideas for increasing the ticket holder base. I'd do it, but I don't need tix.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
Hooray, less tickets for us to get. :(

Just what I was thinking.

It's a smart business plan, though. I can't really fault them, I'm just pissed that I probably won't get to attend a World Series game for this team. That's pretty dissappointing, but if I get the chance to stay home from school tomorrow, I'll have at least three phones working, one computer working, and my brother working another phone and computer down at his apartment.

I really don't expect to get WS tickets, but I'm not upset about it.

This is just the way things are. The further the Sox get, the fewer tickets are available to the GP and the more demand there will be for the few tickets that ARE available.

This is not news - it sucks not to be able to go, but that's life.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
I really don't expect to get WS tickets, but I'm not upset about it.

This is just the way things are. The further the Sox get, the fewer tickets are available to the GP and the more demand there will be for the few tickets that ARE available.

This is not news - it sucks not to be able to go, but that's life.

It's just frusterating as all hell. Those who live and die by this f***in team almost got no chance to get these tix. A lot of us are poor college kids who used all our money in the summer to go to games, honestly everything I had this summer went to the sox, no joke. Just hard as hell to swallow, that's all.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
It's just frusterating as all hell.  Those who live and die by this f***in team almost got no chance to get these tix.  A lot of us are poor college kids who used all our money in the summer to go to games, honestly everything I had this summer went to the sox, no joke.  Just hard as hell to swallow, that's all.

Absolutely.

The people who are paying stupid money for the "It Factor" of going to a World Series are taking those tickets away from the 22,000 who get mocked for going to June games against Toronto or Tampa Bay.

But if we don't buy season tickets, this is exactly the chance we take. The people who can afford and choose to buy season tickets are being rewarded for their allegiance, and rightly so. It's the tickets that end up in the hands of the leeches that bother me.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
Just what I was thinking. 

It's a smart business plan, though.  I can't really fault them, I'm just pissed that I probably won't get to attend a World Series game for this team.  That's pretty dissappointing, but if I get the chance to stay home from school tomorrow, I'll have at least three phones working, one computer working, and my brother working another phone and computer down at his apartment.

Smart indeed.

The next time people ask themselves if Ticketmaster, brokers and people selling the events are working together, look no further than the '05 WS.

Basically, brokers who were already looking for season tickets to scalp in '06, can buy them and as a reward, they get to buy WS tickets for this year. Genius and all perfectly legal. I love it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)

just the 200 a seat deposit and they will gurantee me tickets??

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
just the 200 a seat deposit and they will gurantee me tickets??

No..

"A 50% deposit is required". Roughly... minimum $4K. (I think.. I don't know the exact prices of anything other than my section which would be $7K.) Ribbie... can you confirm?