Guaranteed series tickets....

Steff

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Yeah I paid the 50 % for mine right now. I figure no matter what I will still come on top.  I figure I may just sell my WS ticket (if its only 1 all together Im getting)  and using the profit as a HUGE discount towards my season tix.

You could probably even sell the ticket now...than wait till the day of and buy one a little cheaper (since stuff is going for so much now). Although thats super risky.

Me, I just want to go on Saturday. If I miss out on a ticket Saturday or Sunday I'm gonna try and get a ticket to the Bears game on Sunday, watch the Bears game and than see the Sox game at a local bar or something. I figure either way it should be fun.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
I assume no ticket rep will be around right now, so my dad is going to call in the morning at around 10 to find out the freakin deal.

I'd start trying earlier, since th deal ends at 11 tomorrow and there are probably hundreds of desperate folks like us who filled out the online orders and need processing.

Hey Jason, use that supersecret Batphone number I'm sure you have and wake Brooks up so he can sort this all out for us right now. :D

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
Man, if only I lived in Chicago.  I'd bo so down for that deal.  Its sweet for a diehard fan and gives you an awesome shot to get out to a ton of games next year.

If you want to deposit some money to the rowand44 fund, I'll go in your honor. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
I'd start trying earlier, since th deal ends at 11 tomorrow and there are probably hundreds of desperate folks like us who filled out the online orders and need processing.

Hey Jason, use that supersecret Batphone number I'm sure you have and wake Brooks up so he can sort this all out for us right now.  :D

Brooks isn't able to sleep...he's getting calls from everyone and his brother begging for tixs or so I'd guess. Soon enough the CEO/Owner of Soxtalk may be begging :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
I'd deposit a decent amount to the fund if I were entitled to a Cubs game or so, a weekend  series of some sort, and a world series game.

LOL, probably shouldn't have said anything considering I control nothing right now, it's all what my dad decides to do at this point.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
LOL, probably shouldn't have said anything considering I control nothing right now, it's all what my dad decides to do at this point.

Haha, its all gonna be for naught cause were gonna get those damn world series tix tomorrow. Soxtalk is gonna get lucky :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
I am seriously considering a purchase.....and that is not a good thing  :ph34r:

I'm short of breath...sweating mildly...this is perhaps the toughest decision of my life to this point.  :lol:

Tell me about it, I wouldn't even be the one to purchase this and I'm nervous as hell right now, cause I have no clue what is going on.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
It's really not that great of an idea if you are talking about pleasing the fans, as they just pissed us off even more.

The majority of people jumping on this deal are brokers.

It's not only a great idea.. it's brilliant. Thinking beyond today... wouldn't it be nice to have the problem of getting playoff tickets EVERY October...? That aint going to happen if the Sox don't have the $$ to pay the players they need to make that happen. The key to that is filling the stadium. Season tickets for next year is guaranteed $. Money that goes straight to the pay Paul (or whomever else they go after to make a difference next year) fund. I realize I'm in a different place then most of this board in terms of tickets, and I feel bad for you diehards.. but in terms of the future.. I'm fine with whatever they can do to make this team a dynasty.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 07:54 AM)
It's not only a great idea.. it's brilliant. Thinking beyond today...  wouldn't it be nice to have the problem of getting playoff tickets EVERY October...? That aint going to happen if the Sox don't have the $$ to pay the players they need to make that happen. The key to that is filling the stadium. Season tickets for next year is guaranteed $. Money that goes straight to the pay Paul (or whomever else they go after to make a difference next year) fund. I realize I'm in a different place then most of this board in terms of tickets, and I feel bad for you diehards.. but in terms of the future.. I'm fine with whatever they can do to make this team a dynasty.

You took the words right out of my mouth. This is a genius idea by Brooks and company. The whole key to sustaining the momentum of this franchise isn't making sure we have sellouts for the RedSox/Yankees/Cubs, its making sure we have 25,000 people in the park for Tuesday games against the Royals. They have done an excellent job of trying to tie demand to lesser demand to try to sell more tickets. Yeah it sucks that we might be able to be at the World Series, but would you rather have the Sox in the playoffs more often, or good seats to bad games?