Pick your Poison

Punch and Judy Garland

Who would you root for in a World Series?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you root for in a World Series?

• The Minnesota Twins
    • The Chicago Cubs

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
To quote an earlier thread and topic on this subject...

"Is death an option?"

I know I said that about Yanks/Sawx winning the AL East...I hate both of those teams so much. Other than the Sox getting to the Series, both of those 2 being defeated in the ALDS was the happiest moment of this postseason for me.

As for the topic at hand...I'd probably agree with Los. I want the Sox to get the first Series in Chicago since 1917...I would root my ass off against the Cubs if they were in our situation right now.

As for Minnesota...good fans, good team, great organization up and down...once the Sox/Twins have been eliminated, I usually root for them, unless they're playing the Sox.

Probably a hard decision all in all...if we are assuming the Sox win it this year, I root for the Cubs, because it would be great for the city of Chicago to have back-to-back World Series champions, both teams ending incredibly long droughts. If we are assuming they lose, and the World Series next year is Cubs-Twins, I root Twins every second of every day.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is like picking between getting your leg broken, or getting paralyzed.

I dont mind the twins as much. They play the game right, and their fans are not horrible. I dislike the indians much more and the tigers as well. I root for the twins when we have gotten eliminated.

Twins, is this even a question?

As much as I dislike some of the Minnesota players, they actually have some guys who respect like Hunter, Nathan, Santana, etc. Also have a good manager. I dislike the Tigers a whole lot more than Minnesota.

Cubs, on the other hand, I totally hate as every Sox fan should. I would never root for those bastages under any circumstance.