what are you doing for the games?

thedoctor

saturday: i'm moving in a week so i'll pack most of the day. probably start drinking at around 7 p.m. (edt) for the illinois game. friends are coming by at 7:30 p.m. and we'll head out in columbus for the night (perhaps the varsity club).

sunday: i watch my daughter on sundays so i am planning a mini-sox party for us (she's 3). i probably won't be loaded or drinking, but i'm hoping my enthusiasm can rub off. she and i will both be in full-fledged sox regalia.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
Saturday: bachlorette party (we are going to try to catch the last half of the game at Bourbon Street).

Sunday: at home (have to clean and finish table and seating arrangments)

is bourbon street in the old handy andy building?

I told my wife that my four-year old grand daughter and I will be cheering from in front of my big screen TV. The kid likes the Sox too. We will ordering home delivery for dinner. I am excited about this stuff. I have been a Sox fan since 1959 and man oh man am I ready.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Going to the games.  :cheers

You lucky girl you. I saw the prices of the game tickets and figuring in the cost of airfare, hotels, meals, etc, I told my wife we were driving to Chitown and the games and would sleep in the car if need be. She wouldn't go for it. I thought about leaving her behind, but I guess I'll settle for TV

Saturday - going out with the Mrs. ( as has been WELL documented, I am apparently "whipped" :D ) and I'll most likely miss the entire game. Tape will be rolling.

Sunday - I have to work, YIPPEE ( I will tune all our TVs to the game, so while on my rounds I can catch a little bit of the game here and there ). Tape might be rolling.

But Tuesday I'm watching the game at my friend's house and I have Wednesday off as a vacation/hangover recovery day.

:cheers :drink :cheers :drink :cheers :drink and repeat.....

I will be rolling.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
saturday: i'm moving in a week so i'll pack most of the day. probably start drinking at around 7 p.m. (edt) for the illinois game. friends are coming by at 7:30 p.m. and we'll head out in columbus for the night (perhaps the varsity club).

sunday: i watch my daughter on sundays so i am planning a mini-sox party for us (she's 3). i probably won't be loaded or drinking, but i'm hoping my enthusiasm can rub off. she and i will both be in full-fledged sox regalia.

where in cbus do you live? hang out and such?

I have a date.

With my Lazy-Boy and big screen TV. Also, will be testing the volume limits of the surround sound until the wife yells. :nono

Will be wearing the same Buehrle jersey and Sox hat that I've worn for every game.

:drink :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink ----- As well.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
where in cbus do you live? hang out and such?

i actually live in lancaster, but i work in columbus and usually go out up here. generally i hit up the campus area and the short north. occasionally the arena district if i have a little extra cash flow.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
i actually live in lancaster, but i work in columbus and usually go out up here. generally i hit up the campus area and the short north. occasionally the arena district if i have a little extra cash flow.

brothers, gas werks....you been to spice bar yet?

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)

On Sat I'll switch on the game during commercials of 'Erin Brokovich' on TNT

On Sun I haven't decided what to do..I was gonna have a 'Buffy-thon' on Sun, so was thinkin of tapin the game and maybe gettin to it the next day.. :ph34r: :P

Edited by GASHWOUND

I'm still desperately trying to get tickets. I called Front Row and wasn't exactly happy with the response I got, so I'm trying some last minute E-bay work. If that doesn't work out, I'll be sitting at home with some cold beer on Saturday and probably somewhere in Evanston on Sunday (previous committment, shouldn't miss the game). Future game plans are still to be determined.

Tonight: I will be having nervous fits of anticipation.

Saturday during the day: Nervous fits continue.

Saturday evening: Park it in front of my TV with a BIG bowl of popcorn, some fine beers, and some soda/pop/fizzy beverage people get anal about naming

Sunday: Repeat all of Saturday routine.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
Tonight: I will be having nervous fits of anticipation.

Saturday during the day: Nervous fits continue.

Saturday evening: Park it in front of my TV with a BIG bowl of popcorn, some fine beers, and some soda/pop/fizzy beverage people get anal about naming

Sunday: Repeat all of Saturday routine.

Saturday: Hopefully in a bar. Definitely surrounded by Astros fans. Damn Texas. Hopefully the Sox will be winning by so much that the fights will break out earlier than expected. That way I'll be out of the hospital in time for the Sunday game.

Sunday: Hopefully in a bar. Again surrounded by Astros fans. Damn Texas. Hopefully the Sox will be winning by so much that people will feel sorry for me from the beatings I got the day before.

But it will all be worth it.

Let's Go White Sox!!! Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap!!! :gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :gosox2: