World Series Ring Question

sox4lifeinPA

Most everyone thats a part of the organization will get one. Anyone that played a game with the Sox and everyone on the 40 man roster. Plus scouts, most employees.

Its up to the team in terms of employees. Some teams really go out there and give them to almost everyone in the org.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
Which is a travesty.

Wahatever.. anyone who played for thSox during the year should get one regardless. How are you going to have a cutoff like that? If non players in ther org are getting them, anyone on the roster this year should be a given.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
Who's eligible for a ring? just the 25 man playoff roster and execs and management? Or anyone who played for the team during the year?

My ticket rep told me last week that if the Sox were to win, all the office staff would get a ring. It's up to each individual owner as to how generous they wish to be. The league just kicks in a chunk of money toward the rings and its up to the organization to pay the balance.

As for replicas, JOSTENS has a lot of rings on their website and I'm waiting for a response as to whether they will have rings.

Danbury Mint also sells team rings, but not World Series rings

Remember to check ebay.

I think it depends on the organization. I remember hearing that with the Red Sox, anyone in any way associated with the team got one. They even said hot dog vendors, but I don't know if that was an exaggeration.

Did they really sell them to the fans? LOL what were the prices around? I know they had some raffle where tickets, that went to charity, were like $10 each, and like 3 or 4 people got the real rings