Sports Illustrated

WilliamTell

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Since I already subscribe to it, is there any way to get the Sports Illustrated White Sox Championship Package besides subscribing? I was looking around and couldn't find another way. Thanks for the help.

Call them and tell them you want to add a year or two to your current subscription. They will accordingly send you out the Sox Package.

Edit: I think if you would prefer you can buy the package for $49.95 or something...but you're better off just extending your subscription as I will probably recieve SI for the rest of my life anyway.

Edited by Chisoxrd5

Not worht its own thread but your B&N currently has the Pods issue that came before we on it all (still wrapping my head around that statement) and they have the commemorative issue for $7 that is about us being world champions. I won't read mine because I want to keep it in great condition to get it signed but it looks like a nice item for those of us trying to load up on memorabilia on the cheap. It has the shot with Blum, AJ, Jenks, etc.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
Not worht its own thread but your B&N currently has the Pods issue that came before we on it all (still wrapping my head around that statement) and they have the commemorative issue for $7 that is about us being world champions. I won't read mine because I want to keep it in great condition to get it signed but it looks like a nice item for those of us trying to load up on memorabilia on the cheap. It has the shot with Blum, AJ, Jenks, etc.

Will the commemorative issue be on newsstands?

I imagine its different than the hardbound one (I would think anyways) you get for subscribing but there IS one at Barnes and Noble. Not sure what the sell by date is for it but there was a big stack when I went today, its only 7 bones, so you guys gotta pick one up. Either read it, save it, frame it, get it autographed-whatever. Good buy though if you ask me

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
The one thing I really want is the Chicago Tribune of last Thursday, but I don't see any way to get that.

I saw an 800# on chicagotribune.com that advertised reprints and framing, but in my searching for that number again, I have come up dry.

I'd like that under glass myself.

EDIT: "To purchase professionally printed and framed archival copies of front pages from the Chicago Tribune or Redeye, you can call 877-282-1121." http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...oll=cs-ctsports

Edited by Drew

QUOTE(Drew @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
I saw an 800# on chicagotribune.com that advertised reprints and framing, but in my searching for that number again, I have come up dry.

I'd like that under glass myself.

EDIT: "To purchase professionally printed and framed archival copies of front pages from the Chicago Tribune or Redeye, you can call 877-282-1121." http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...oll=cs-ctsports

Thank you, you are awesome.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
I'm a little disappointed that the Sox WS victory only merits a corner photo on the newest SI.  The cover is PManning and Tom Brady.  That couldn't have waited a week? (ps I know they play MNF, but I think that happens more often than the Sox winning the Series)

I agree, when was the last time the World Series winner didn't get the cover? I was appauled...but used to it.

QUOTE(wherehaveyougoneharold @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 04:40 AM)
I agree, when was the last time the World Series winner didn't get the cover? I was appauled...but used to it.

We got the cover the week beforehand, didn't we? I think that sometimes they don't like using the cover on the same story 2 weeks in a row.

The Red Sox were on the cover of Sports Illustrated November 1st for during the World Series and November 8th for winning the World Series...back to back weeks.

The 2003 & 1997 Marlins were on 1 cover and that was for both winning the World Series.

The 2001 Diamondbacks were on back to back covers, but that series went to 7 games and featured a massive blown save by Mariano Rivera.

The 2002 Angels only got 1 cover and that was for winning it all.

So, if it's Boston or New York...2 covers. Anyone else, 1 cover.

QUOTE(Irishsox1 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
The Red Sox were on the cover of Sports Illustrated November 1st for during the World Series and November 8th for winning the World Series...back to back weeks.

The 2003 & 1997 Marlins were on 1 cover and that was for both winning the World Series.

The 2001 Diamondbacks were on back to back covers, but that series went to 7 games and featured a massive blown save by Mariano Rivera.

The 2002 Angels only got 1 cover and that was for winning it all.

So, if it's Boston or New York...2 covers.  Anyone else, 1 cover.

One more time nice a loud . . . "Who Cares?"

I think if there weren't the biggest regular season football game in probably the last decade, they might have put the Sox on again. I do think that by now its sort of "old news" because they wrapped it up during the middle of the week in game 4. Pats-Colts is the easy choice for the cover given that its MNF and simply an enormous game

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
One more time nice a loud . . . "Who Cares?"

Who cares?....Why even bother to post that?

If you have nothing to add why Sports Illustrated left the White Sox championship off there cover, then don't reply.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
where would he play?

Can somebody help me? I've been looking for the soft-cover Sports Illustrated Commemorative Edition (not he regular WS edition or the Hardcover special Edition) on the World Series. Someone posted a copy of the cover here, but I haven't been able to find in anywhere locally. I live in Colorado, so maybe it isn't available here. I tried contacting SI, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

The photo has AJ and Jenks hugging in the middle. Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy are coming in on the far right. Has anyone seen this issue? Can anyone get a copy of it for me? I would, of course, pay you for it (I could even throw in a McCarthy rookie card).

QUOTE(mccarthyp @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Can somebody help me? I've been looking for the soft-cover Sports Illustrated Commemorative Edition (not he regular WS edition or the Hardcover special Edition) on the World Series. Someone posted a copy of the cover here, but I haven't been able to find in anywhere locally. I live in Colorado, so maybe it isn't available here. I tried contacting SI, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

The photo has AJ and Jenks hugging in the middle. Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy are coming in on the far right. Has anyone seen this issue? Can anyone get a copy of it for me? I would, of course, pay you for it (I could even throw in a McCarthy rookie card).

THe seven dollar one? I got mine at the local Barnes and Noble yesterday. You should try there first although you may be on to somethign with it being regional