Tivo to DVD burning

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
good question. I am curious as well. I know to vcr is really easy but not sure about dvd

I have a DVD/VCR recorder. I've had it about a year, I assume they cost less than $300 at a electronic store. When something is Tivo'd I simply play it back and press DVD record and it burns on the DVD. It will record whatever is being played .. so sometimes I click over to anyone game & have several parts of games on one DVD. I usually use the 2 hour record.

I know others have better equipment, but this works for me. To have a DVD of the world series with our radio announcers would be great, but I don't have the equipment or knowledge for that.

For Tivo users, this is what I use. It's the best thing because you can hook it up to the Tivo or the computer. I have the highlights from all the playoff games, some entire games and all the celebrations on DVD. Plus, when those video are on Comcast, I'm gonna burn those, so I don't have to buy them.

http://www.abtelectronics.com/scripts/site...e=Sony&id=19117

I have a Hewlett Packard Media Center PC...

with the Media Center, you can record live television, and then use video editting software to get rid of the commercials.

obviously, you then simply burn to DVD with your burner, adding neat little menu's and all that jazz.

well, well, well worth the price tag. the sox s*** i have on DVD alone will last a lifetime... and now all of these games will be burned as well. thank you comcast, you are comcastic!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
I have a Hewlett Packard Media Center PC...

with the Media Center, you can record live television, and then use video editting software to get rid of the commercials.

obviously, you then simply burn to DVD with your burner, adding neat little menu's and all that jazz. 

well, well, well worth the price tag.  the sox s*** i have on DVD alone will last a lifetime... and now all of these games will be burned as well.  thank you comcast, you are comcastic!

that's what I'd like to knwo more about.... as far as making menus and chapter features. I am so clueless when it comes to stuff like that..... I plan on making some great coverart and stomps though

If you have an actual TiVo (not a clone or a DVR from your cable company, etc.) you can get software from the TiVo Web site called TiVo Desktop.

There should be a USB jack on the back of your TiVo unit. Plug that into your router, install the software and go to town. It will allow you to pull recorded shows from your tivo to your computer. Plus it also allows you to play any music files on your computer through your tivo unit, or view photos on your TV.

QUOTE(FLsouthsider @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
If you have an actual TiVo (not a clone or a DVR from your cable company, etc.) you can get software from the TiVo Web site called TiVo Desktop.

There should be a USB jack on the back of your TiVo unit. Plug that into your router, install the software and go to town. It will allow you to pull recorded shows from your tivo to your computer. Plus it also allows you to play any music files on your computer through your tivo unit, or view photos on your TV.

Is this for any TiVo model? I have the HD TiVo and was told that my USB port will not work like this. Has that been corrected?

The Sony burner device that I linked to above automatically creates on screen chapters. It as easy or easier than a VCR. All you have to do is plug it in, attach it to Tivo's video out, put in a blank DVD+R disc, hit record, you can pause out commercials, hit stop when its done. You can add as many programs that the disc can hold. So, when I put in the Red Sox series highlights, it shows up in 3 boxes marking game 1, 2 & 3. Within those, chapeters are set every 5 minutes. You can switch it to 10 mins, 15 mins or no chapeters at all.

You don't need computer expertise to use this, but you can hook it up to a computer for DVD burning through that.

QUOTE(He Gawn!!! @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Is this for any TiVo model?  I have the HD TiVo and was told that my USB port will not work like this.  Has that been corrected?

IF you have a stand alone Tivo unit HD or not, you can hook it up to a network/router that will access your mp3's, photos and play or view them through the television and will allow you to use the tivo to go feature. But, if you have a satellite/tivo unit, the network feature doesn't work.

Edited by Irishsox1

QUOTE(FLsouthsider @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)

careful thou, my friend did this and it slowed down his computer soooo much...

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)

Just dont keep it connected all the time. Id just turn it up when I want to archive my files. This info would have been so much more usefull before the playoffs started. :bang

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)

My computer doesn't slow down at all or when I access the network. It's the same all the time and I don't have a super processor or anything out of the ordinary. I have no idea why it would slow down.