Sox DVD

tonyho7476

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
Very cool. Bought the WS DVD yesturday at Fye, and on the inside cover there is a picture of a huge set of DVD's coming out in March.

looks interesting.... kinda sucks it will only be the World Series games though and not the entire playoffs like we had hoped. thank you tivo :huh

Edited by watchtower41

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
looks interesting.... kinda sucks it will only be the World Series games  though and not the entire playoffs like we had hoped.  thank you tivo  :huh

Ummm .. it's a World Series video, not a post season video.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Ummm .. it's a World Series video, not a post season video.

He's just saying that, b/c the Red Sox had DVDs available for ALL of their playoff games last year.

The WS DVD that just came out does kind of mention the regular season and series' leading up to the World Series though, so that's nice.

I'm looking forward to getting those WS DVD games in their entirety in March too; it'd be awesome if they did release the DS and LCS too.

Just bought the DVD. I must say, MLB did a lot better than I thought they would. I originally thought that the Sox season DVD would be far better than this one, but they've got their work cut out for them.

Of course, it comes with the video that most of you watched the other night, but I especially liked the special features. It includes:

The original broadcasts of the final outs of the ALDS and ALCS clinchers

Jenks Game 1 performance

Konerko's grand slam, Pods walk off in Game 2

Blum's extra inning homer in Game 3

The final inning of Game 4 with the celebration afterwards (not seen before locker room footage)

***Best part of all of these is that with the exception of the ALDS clincher (Berman) and the Blum homer (Buck), they dubbed in Rooney and Farmer for all the other highlights***

Other special features include the trophy presentation, a TWIB flashback of Ozzie getting caught by the hidden ball trick (twice) and highlights of Game 1 of the '59 World Series.

Overall, its a must have! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have.

:cheers

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(traydragen @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Soo, I dunno if you guys know this but would this DVD be at my local Best Buy? I live in South Carolina by the way.

I ordered this online through bestbuy.com (had some best buy bux from mcdonalds promotion to blow!) so I know they are handling it....just not sure if individual stores might be stocking it.

Well, when I got home from school today, my DVD was sitting on the table waiting to be opened (Amazon.com delivered in 2 days standard) and needless to say, I have watched it twice and am on my 3rd viewing....f*** HW for tonight! Amazing DVD with awesome special features. Must have for sure.