Christmas Presents

FoxySoxGirl

This was finally going to be the 1st Christmas in forever that I didn't have to buy a guy a nice present. But here I am, and I know there's way more guys on this chat board then in my daily life. What's a good really generic guy present fo someone you've only known like a month? Something that says, "We're friends, don't push it, but I like you so here's a gift."

Any serious or non-serious ones welcome. He's got a good sense of humor so either might work! :huh

Bake him some cookies.

Or condoms, really you can't go wrong there. . .

Although, and this might hint to my cheapness/general apathy towards relationships, I would probably never get someone a gift after only a month and I'd feel super uncomfortable if I received a gift under those conditions.

(note: I'm a girl, so take that for what it's worth)

QUOTE(FoxySoxGirl @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
This was finally going to be the 1st Christmas in forever that I didn't have to buy a guy a nice present. But here I am, and I know there's way more guys on this chat board then in my daily life. What's a good really generic guy present fo someone you've only known like a month? Something that says, "We're friends, don't push it, but I like you so here's a gift."

Any serious or non-serious ones welcome. He's got a good sense of humor so either might work! :huh

A cool DVD. I'd say if you wanted to bring it to the next level, maybe a nice DVD that the two of you could watch together (cook a little dinner with it, that sort of stuff). Obviously since you don't want to push it, I'd leave out the dinner part and all that. Its not too expensive and if they are into movies its pretty cool.

That said, after reading Chisoxy's post that does seem like a short time. Hell, I don't even get my best friends (that I've known for 7-8 years) anything. Than again none of us get each other anything, so its kind of our thing. But ya, it would seem odd getting a gift after just a month.

I think it would be different if you were friends and wanted to be more than friends, than a little gift/date idea could be pretty good.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I need a present for a 10 yeal old boy, if anyone has any ideas.

Lego's never go wrong or some sort of creative thing like that. You could always opt with some sort of video game or something like that as well (I don't know how much your willing to spend, but maybe like a Best Of Game for 19 bucks).

I just remember the cardinal rule, don't give a young boy clothes. Leave that to the parents and grandparents. I think most kids usually look at toys and ignore clothes. Clothes are just something you wear at that point. When you get older, people start caring more about appereance and all that stuff (well some do).

Although chisoxy is onto something with some sort of more educational gift. Those can be fun and informing at the same time (depending on the child).

I'll be reading these ideas as well cause I'll have to get something for my cousin (whose 6, turning 7).

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Bake him some cookies.

Although, and this might hint to my cheapness/general apathy towards relationships, I would probably never get someone a gift after only a month and I'd feel super uncomfortable if I received a gift under those conditions.

Guys should be bringing the condoms anyhow ;)

I am not the kind of person either to get someone a gift after a month, but he seems like the type that would buy it to just be nice so I need to be preparred with something if I feel a present coming on.

Maybe I'll do a combination of cookies + cool dvd because he does love his movie collection.

Well I think a DVD would be cool, you just have to know what the guy likes. Just get a movie with someone he likes in it. Can't go wrong there.

As far as getting someone something only after a month a DVD is ok. Think of it this way, if it were his bday would u not get him anything? You don't have to give him a gift but something thoughful and inexspensive is enough. Christmas is sort of important especially if you like the guy. So as long as you don't overdo it then it's alright. This ofcourse is my personal opinion.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
I need a present for a 10 yeal old boy, if anyone has any ideas.

Even though video games seem to be pretty dominant now, try getting someting to support an actual real sport. (Like a nice bat, glove, ball, cheap tennis racket). Parents have to buy it anyway if their kid is into it, so might as well support something he likes!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
A cool DVD.  I'd say if you wanted to bring it to the next level, maybe a nice DVD that the two of you could watch together (cook a little dinner with it, that sort of stuff).  Obviously since you don't want to push it, I'd leave out the dinner part and all that.  Its not too expensive and if they are into movies its pretty cool.

That said, after reading Chisoxy's post that does seem like a short time.  Hell, I don't even get my best friends (that I've known for 7-8 years) anything.  Than again none of us get each other anything, so its kind of our thing.  But ya, it would seem odd getting a gift after just a month.

I think it would be different if you were friends and wanted to be more than friends, than a little gift/date idea could be pretty good.

Are you single?

QUOTE(FoxySoxGirl @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)

give him a pregnancy test that says positive

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 04:32 AM)
Bake him some cookies.

whoa, for a second i thought this was for the 10 year old boy

QUOTE(FoxySoxGirl @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)

My best guess would be to go with a gift card from Best Buy for like 50 bucks or so. You can't go wrong with gift cards especially when you dont really know what to get and everybody shops at Best Buy.

QUOTE(SoCalSouthSider59 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
I have a similar dilemma FSG, only it's with a girlfriend from more than 30 years ago that i've reastablished contact with the past 3 months........Should i bring the condoms? Or cookies?  :lol:  ;)

:gosox1:

:cheers

Bring both, although I suggest eating the cookies 2nd in case they're not up to par. Then at least you've gotten the good stuff 1st. :P