Bears vs Packers

fathom

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
IF THEY WOULDA JUST RAN IT 3 TIMES IT'D BE 7-0

Why the hell do we throw so much?

Anyway, 3-0

We still think Kyle Orton is going to develop into a great NFL QB. Despite our great offensive line and running game he is still unable to exploit any 1 on 1 matchups in the passing game. Its extremely frustrating to watch our offense. Maybe we should run the wishbone or power I sets from now on...probably would be more effective.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
IF THEY WOULDA JUST RAN IT 3 TIMES IT'D BE 7-0

Why the hell do we throw so much?

Anyway, 3-0

Agreed. No reason for the Bears to not just pound the ball when you are that close. The points are huge, but it's very frusturating coming away with 3 when you should have had 7.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
We still think Kyle Orton is going to develop into a great NFL QB. Despite our great offensive line and running game he is still unable to exploit any 1 on 1 matchups in the passing game. Its extremely frustrating to watch our offense. Maybe we should run the wishbone or power I sets from now on...probably would be more effective.

I've seen nothing to suggest Orton will ever become a great NFL QB. I've never seen a QB who seems to be closer to the defender than the intended wide receiver on the deep pass more than Orton.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Can we Fire Turner yet? God he is worthless.

Is it to late to trade for Shea back?

Let's not say things we can't take back. Just remember that Terry Shea brought with him the Jonathan Quinn experience. I'll take Turner over that anyday

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
I've seen nothing to suggest Orton will ever become a great NFL QB.  I've never seen a QB who seems to be closer to the defender than the intended wide receiver on the deep pass more than Orton.

Orton employs the "toss it up there and hope for the best philosophy" on his deep throws. When your throwing a 30 yard pass and can only guarantee that you will place it within 5-7 yards of your intended reciever you have no place starting in the NFL.

Let's not say things we can't take back.  Just remember that Terry Shea brought with him the Jonathan Quinn experience.  I'll take Turner over that anyday

Also remember that Shea number 1 WR was the "great" David Terell, his "OL" was patchwork which allowed 66 sacks.. Shea was bad, but also had nothing to work with.

Turner has a great OL, upgrade in WR, and manages less offense.