I love Sox gear, but does anyone dread relatives..

Gavin

I love Sox gear, but I'm afraid I'll be an easy present for my relatives when it comes to getting me a present. I've already told my girlfriend she's going to have to be more original than that, cause damn, it's hard thinking of a present for your SO!

Guess I can't complain though! :D

AJ's road jersey is on my wish list. Of all the silver and black gear, I always liked the road gray the best. Can't tell you why, I just do. I remember when they unveiled it at the end of the 1990 season and they had a picture in the Trib of Fisk wearing the home pinstripes, Torborg in the road gray, and Ozzie in the BP. Then they introduced those bad-ass black ones the following season and suddenly every team needed a colored third jersey.

I was close to pulling the trigger on Shingo's jersey last year. Turns out my brother wants AJ's jersey too, albeit the black one. My sister's a Crede fan.

I don't usually wear a lot of team stuff, but since I am planning trips to spring training, Anaheim, possibly Seattle, Cooperstown, or Fenway this coming season, I'd like to have something to wear.

Edited by Drew

Personally I'd rather have Best Buy cards than Sox stuff right now, since I already bought so much stuff with the Sox logo on it. I'm getting older now anyways, so my haul is nowhere near as large as it used to be. :PI'm trying to decide how much to rub it in, since it seems like many of my relatives are Cubs' fans. I think I might buy a book for one of them called "The Million-to-One Team: Why the Cubs Haven't Won a Pennant Since 1945." Outside of that, I think I'll be more reserved unless provoked.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Drew @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
I don't usually wear a lot of team stuff, but since I am planning trips to spring training, Anaheim, possibly Seattle, Cooperstown, or Fenway this coming season, I'd like to have something to wear.

That's quite a haul from Burbank to Anaheim. :P Hey Drew can I add you to my sig ?

QUOTE(Gavin @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
Christ, I wish my siblings were as big fans as me.  That'd make christmas hella-easy.  My GF is a sox fan but she loved Rowand, now he's gone.  Thanks a lot, KW.

So you wanna give Thome back? Chicks dig the long ball. Dont worry, your GF will learn to love Thome.