I feel like I'm in Indiana

kapkomet

Today's Dallas/Ft. Worth Forecast:

This morning: Periods of rain, changing to freezing rain and sleet. Tempratures falling into the middle 20s by noon.

This afternoon: Periods of freezing rain and sleet, changing to all snow this evening. Ice accumulations up to 1/2 inch. Gusty north winds 15-25 miles per hour. Temprature around 20 with wind chills in the single digits.

Tonight: Periods of snow. Blowing and drifting snow. Accumulations around 2 inches. Low of 14. Winds around 10 mph.

:::::::::::

Oh what joy. Today's the day Texas calls "hey lookie here, watch this!"

:rolly

It's going to take me 5 f***ing hours to get home. I love snow on top of an ice skating rink. And to think it was 90 Saturday.

Ames Municipal Airport

Last Update on Dec 7, 8:53 am CST

Overcast with Haze

-10°F

(-23°C)

Humidity: 78 %

Wind Speed: SW 7 MPH

Barometer: 30.63" (1040.1 mb)

Dewpoint: -15°F (-26°C)

Wind Chill: -25°F (-32°C)

Visibility: 5.00 mi.

I walked to work this morning. But you guys can still complain. :D

**Best part is, it's still warmed up 5 degrees from the low. :P

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
I guess that's the one good thing about living in a place where winters are s***ty.  For the most part, people know how to drive in it.

Yeah, out here it starts raining and people wind up dead just because they're going too fast for the conditions.

If it ever snows out here again (and we as a nation are doing our best to make sure it wont) there will be a lot of dead people out here.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
I already beat you to it. Mason City got up to like 10. I think I got a sunburn today.

I like looking at the weather maps....there's like a blob of cold right over Iowa. It's something like 10 degrees warmer in Duluth right now.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
I like looking at the weather maps....there's like a blob of cold right over Iowa. It's something like 10 degrees warmer in Duluth right now.

Wow that's crazy. I know you're basically right in the middle of Iowa, but I love it when Southern Iowa and Missouri get's snow, Northern Iowa doesn't and Minnesota does. Northern Iowa usually gets lucky like that.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
So you're going to try to drive around Los Angeles?

I don't know how you guys live in the LA basin. I'd be dangerous after a few weeks of having to drive in that crap. The few times a year I drive down there I usually end up going insane and swearing off ever going back to LA.

And its not like there isn't traffic in OC, its just there is traffic everywhere in LA, and I mean EVERYWHERE.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Yeah, out here it starts raining and people wind up dead just because they're going too fast for the conditions.

If it ever snows out here again (and we as a nation are doing our best to make sure it wont) there will be a lot of dead people out here.

Seriously, It will be pouring rain and you'll see idiots flying by you at 75-85 on the freeway. They have no idea that when it rains you need to slow down.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Seriously, It will be pouring rain and you'll see idiots flying by you at 75-85 on the freeway.  They have no idea that when it rains you need to slow down.

In July, I moved to an apartment overlooking the 210. I'm hoping to find some entertainment looking out the window and watching the street when the real rains start. (I already had 1 high-speed chase go by my window).

I don't know how you guys live in the LA basin. I'd be dangerous after a few weeks of having to drive in that crap. The few times a year I drive down there I usually end up going insane and swearing off ever going back to LA.

And its not like there isn't traffic in OC, its just there is traffic everywhere in LA, and I mean EVERYWHERE.

Well, I may be in a better situation than most, as my only transportation at least for now is still 2 wheels and powered by pedals. I've spent a fair amount of time sitting in traffic while driving vehicles on division field trips however, and it does become less than pleasant.

f***in' A...

SNOW WILL SPREAD INTO WESTERN INDIANA AFTER 10 AM EST THURSDAY MORNING AND THE REMAINDER OF CENTRAL INDIANA BY 2 PM EST. SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES LATE AFTERNOON THURSDAY AND THURSDAY EVENING. THE SNOW WILL TAPER TO FLURRIES AND END WELL BEFORE DAYBREAK FRIDAY. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 4 TO 7 INCHES WITH MOST LOCATIONS NEAR 6 INCHES.