An Objective Analysis

LowerCaseRepublican

To be fair, they have gotten a number of Al-Qaida operatives. So that wouldn't be a 0.

However, after several weeks - all we've found is two trailers that may have been used for biochem weapons research. If that's all we find, was it worth invading an entire state to uncover two not in use trailers?

What scares me more is that the US military has not taken seriously security of nuclear facilities in Iraq which have been looted and radioactive material taken... at the same time saying that IAEA doesn't need to have a presence at the facilities at the current time.

Of course, that will change when we take on Iran next. They've admitted to having WMD.

Arianna Huffington compared the White House to the Matrix today in Salon. Calls em delusional. Pretty funny actually, and scary if its at all accurate.

To be fair, they have gotten a number of Al-Qaida operatives. So that wouldn't be a 0.

However, after several weeks - all we've found is two trailers that may have been used for biochem weapons research. If that's all we find, was it worth invading an entire state to uncover two not in use trailers?

What scares me more is that the US military has not taken seriously security of nuclear facilities in Iraq which have been looted and radioactive material taken... at the same time saying that IAEA doesn't need to have a presence at the facilities at the current time.

Of course, that will change when we take on Iran next. They've admitted to having WMD.

Arianna Huffington compared the White House to the Matrix today in Salon. Calls em delusional. Pretty funny actually, and scary if its at all accurate.

Well we were supposed to have "eliminated" them in this Orwellian endless war on terror. So, they got a lot of foot soldiers. I am still waiting for them to get the higher ups in the organization [without bringing suspects to Pakistan so they can torture them]

Apu,

I think you have a false view of victory in this sense. Al Qaeda, being an NGO can never be concretely "eliminated" but its effectiveness can be hampered. The United States has made it more difficult for Al Qaeda to operate effectively on a large scale. Just how effective it is remains to be seen. But the effort is made and that is worth something.

Al Qaeda has been disabled. Not destroyed as evidenced by the Casablance attacks, but disabled. They are on the run. Mohamed Atef is dead and so are others. And some are in custody.

And I think the mass graves justify the invasion of Iraq. It shows there was some messed up stuff going on in there. And the Iraqis are happy so why should we complain? Also, we got Saddams government on the run...

I understand there is video out there of a Bush daughter attending a naked party at Yale - Larry Flynt is offering big bucks for it - add that to your scavenger hunt list -  ;)

I will watch it, APU i liked your old avatar better :lol:

I really wonder if some of you bother to read or even listen to the news.

Though they have not found any concrete evidence of WOMD there is plenty of circumstantial evidence they did/do exist:

1) All the chemical weapons gear to wage a chemical weapons war

2) The smallpox labs

3) The hot spots in Iraq where the radition is bad. They've been detected by sat images but no one knows how to inspect the area safely so this is going to take a lot of time.

4) It is safer to get the operatives to talk than to have to essentially de-mine the country in search of WOMD.

Get real. This isn't a game of patty cake or hide & go seek.

:bang <- on all the foolish liberal pansies

:usa -> in support of the American Empire

I really wonder if some of you bother to read or even listen to the news.

Though they have not found any concrete evidence of WOMD there is plenty of circumstantial evidence they did/do exist:

1) All the chemical weapons gear to wage a chemical weapons war

2) The smallpox labs

3) The hot spots in Iraq where the radition is bad.  They've been detected by sat images but no one knows how to inspect the area safely so this is going to take a lot of time.

4)  It is safer to get the operatives to talk than to have to essentially de-mine the country in search of WOMD.

Get real.  This isn't a game of patty cake or hide & go seek. 

:bang

:usa -> in support of the American Empire

Chemical suits do not nec. say that there is a chem weapons program. The Iraqi government said that the US would use Chem weapons on them as well. This may have been nothing more than a Psy Ops tactic on its own people. Since our guys had the same suits, does this mean we were preparing to use Mustard Gas?

The radiation "hostpots" that you point to, were actually Nuclear waste sites that the IAEA was monitoring. However, the US military upon taking control of the area around these places did not properly secure them. They have been looted. The degree of damage or theft is not known.

They have found two weapons labs that could be used for Chem/Bio weaponry. However, there is nothing to say that they actually have been.

We invaded on the premise that we knew where the weapons were, and we would disarm them. So far, our searches have turned up basically nothing. Most poli sci experts agree that there probably is a degree of Bio/Chem weapons in Iraq. However, there seemed to be universal agreement that any programs had been poorly maintained over the past 12 years because of the vise grip that we surrounded Iraq with. Conventional wisdom is that the weapons stockpile is quite small, degraded and extremely difficult to be weaponized effectively.

I think what happened within Iraq was an awful, terrible thing, and the region is better off for being without him. However, this was never the reason why we fought this war. It was because of the NBC threat that Iraq supposedly posed. We never fought Germany for what they did to the Jews, we didn't fight in Rwanda to save the millions slaughtered in their Holocaust. We've dropped our Human Rights concerns to the actions happening in the PRC. We support the monarchy in Saudi Arabia, a state arguably more tyrannical than Iraq ever was. The truth is, as callous as it sounds, this government couldn't give two s***s about the people of these nations. Case in point? Afghanistan.

We've developed a record in the last three years of starting things well, making some progress and dropping the ball for another "project." Maybe when we finish one and finish one well, I'll be happy. :cheers