Willie Harris, moron

southsider2k5

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
We filled one hole today with Mak.  The utilty guy.  We still have 3 remaining:

1) LH RP

2) 3B backup / SS backup

3) CF with speed

I did not see enough good things from Anderson last yr to where I'm convinced he will not struggle mightily playing everyday in CF.  The fact he's had some surgery this off-season doesn't help his cause.  Owens is tearing up Winter Ball & with his SB talent might surprise us all.  But if KW has an opportunity to get Crawford & move Pods to CF he should do it.

The plain simple fact with Harris is that he's worth more to the team as trade bait than as a player.

2=Mack and Pablo

3=Anderson and/or owens. With Pierre gone we're going into the season with Brian and Jerry fighting it out for cf. Both of them have good speed so that's not a problem.

2=Mack and Pablo

3=Anderson and/or owens.  With Pierre gone we're going into the season with Brian and Jerry fighting it out for cf.  Both of them have good speed so that's not a problem.

Exactly. Also, Mackowiak has played 110 games (86 starts) in center field with the Pirates. He has decent speed.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Exactly.  Also, Mackowiak has played 110 games (86 starts) in center field with the Pirates.  He has decent speed.

I've been trying to come up with some childish, insulting nicknames for some of the current players on the Sox. Do you think you can help me out? Maybe you can make one up for Vizcaino?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
I like Willie Harris and what he brings to the Sox. He can spot start at CF or 2B and hopefully will work on that SS thing. Having a player like Willie that can steal you a base or otherwise PR for a slowpoke standing on second when we need that winning run, etc, is  apositive for the Sox. Willie is a good team player. I don't think it's wrong of any player to want more playing time. That shows their desire to win.

Willie refused to go to winter ball to "work on that SS thing." I think he may have bought himself a one way ticket outta here with that decision.

I've been trying to come up with some childish, insulting nicknames for some of the current players on the Sox. Do you think you can help me out? Maybe you can make one up for Vizcaino?

:lol:

:cheers

:lolhitting

PS - In terms of the nickname you seek, let's see ... would "Jizzcan" fit the bill?

:D