World Series Trophy Tour

suffering-nomore-sox fan

I just got my picture taken with the World Series trophy, it was f***ing incredible. I'll post pictures when I get home.

For those who are going BRING YOUR OWN CAMERA. They DO NOT provide one for you. We were there at the start and there wasn't much of a line, so they took two pictures, and I had gone up with a buddy from work and they took one of us together as well. I don't know if they will always take that many pics, but it was really sweet.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
I just got my picture taken with the World Series trophy, it was f***ing incredible.  I'll post pictures when I get home. 

For those who are going BRING YOUR OWN CAMERA.  They DO NOT provide one for you.  We were there at the start and there wasn't much of a line, so they took two pictures, and I had gone up with a buddy from work and they took one of us together as well.  I don't know if they will always take that many pics, but it was really sweet.

awesome mike.

can't wait to get mine.

I just got my picture taken with the World Series trophy, it was f***ing incredible.  I'll post pictures when I get home. 

For those who are going BRING YOUR OWN CAMERA.  They DO NOT provide one for you.  We were there at the start and there wasn't much of a line, so they took two pictures, and I had gone up with a buddy from work and they took one of us together as well.  I don't know if they will always take that many pics, but it was really sweet.

They don't let you hold the trophy for the picture, do they?

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
They don't let you hold the trophy for the picture, do they?

The trophy sits on a stand, and you walk right up to it, but they do say in the rules that you cannot touch the trophy at all. I kind put my arm around the table for my pic.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
thought there was a stop Dec. 26 from 10am to noon at gaelic park...

and don't forget to spend some $$$ in Crestwood... it helps my tax rebate...  :D

you already get all the alsipians, cause we have nothing :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)

Admit it... you're the licker, aren't you. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
The trophy sits on a stand, and you walk right up to it, but they do say in the rules that you cannot touch the trophy at all.  I kind put my arm around the table for my pic.

I got to hold the trophy and take a picture- its like holding your long lost son after he was lost for so many years. Heavier than I thought it would be- about 30-40 lbs.

I wish I was more computer saavy so I can show the picture but it keeps telling me that it can't be uploaded.

It was the greatest day of my life.

Edited by palehose23

I got mine taken at the Algonquin store yesterday. The trophy was and hour and half late. I still waited until 5. When I left though, there were still 200 people in line.

Extremely cool. And the Sox PR people are very accomodating. They let you take as many pictures with as many different cameras as you want.

QUOTE(LoFiStew @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
Does anyone know if the trophy tour will extend outside Chicagoland? I know a lot of Sox fans here in Northern Indiana (South Bend area) who'd love to see it.

I was in mundelein today too (outside in line for 1 hour 20 mins) and all the us cell workers had shirt on with the sched. In late january and feb the trophy will leave chicagoland and go to NW indiana and all around the state. i even noticed that it will be going to Quincy, IL. (which is 5 hours away and an interesting move because that is where my girlfriend is from and it is a 70% cards town and 29% cubs town. They dont even mention the sox in their paper. They have a cubs section and a cards section and I am always furios when I am there reading the paper because the sox are closer than the cubs so it should be logical that they like the sox there. oh well that is my rant.)

But yes, longer answer but the trophy will be all around the state and NW indiana, quincy, bloomington, champaign, and others IIRC.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
I went today in mundelein, absolutely froze my ass off for 45 minutes but it was well worth it.  I'll post pictures whenever my dad emails them to me.  I know all of you are curious to see what I look like.

I can only hope the picture you post is as small and unobtrusive as SS2K5's.

:P :D