Manuel, Colon Suspended

Molto

Colon, Manuel Suspended 5, 1 Games Respectively

By Mario Scalise

May 21, 2003

SoxNet.net

(SN Report #499) - As a result of last weeks bench-clearing incident with the Baltimore Orioles, Bartolo Colon and Jerry Manuel were handed suspensions by major league baseball on Wednesday.

Last Thursday, May 15 against the Orioles at U.S. Cellular Field, Colon was ejected after hitting Jerry Hairston in the ninth, one inning after a warning was issued when Jorge Julio hit Magglio Ordonez in the back with a fastball.

Colon will be suspended for five games, which will cause him to miss his next start against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday.

Manuel recieved a one game suspension and will serve it on Friday, opening game against the Tigers.

So why the hell isnt Julio suspended? He clearly did that on purpose and strted all teh s***. And what about Harriston jr trying to strt a fight when his whole team was on teh field? bunch of bulls***.  :fyou MLB

Damn straight. The Sox should try to appeal this s*** or something. Jorge Julio has better control than to hit Maggs right in the f***in back. God I hate the f***in MLB.

CWSOX45

So, Joe Nossek will take Manuel's place, I presume, which isn't a BAD thing.  Could spread some light on the fact that Nossek could be a good manager at this level.

Hell I don't care about Manuel getting a suspension. I'm pissed about Colon missing a start.

CWSOX45

Julio got fined, but not suspended.  why? no idea.  terrible decision.

To me he instigated it, but even he shouldn't of gotten anything. I think MLB has gotten way too knit picky with the whole suspension issue. Unless its a guy trying to start a fight, forget about it. Or if its something that is causing injury.

In the case of this, Colon simply retaliated and nothing really happened out of it. Colon hit one guy and nowhere near the head. I think that was the Sox only hits batsmen of the series. Now it was intentional, but its part of the game. MLB shouldn't be stopping that, they should be figuring out how to increase attendance, and make baseball more competitive, etc.

Hell I don't care about Manuel getting a suspension. I'm pissed about Colon missing a start.

CWSOX45

Luckily it's against the Tigers...Whomever pitches in his spot is gonna get a relatively easy victory.

LOL. I'm not worried about that either, I'm just pissed cuz he's on my fantasy team!

f*** those MLB bastards! :finger :finger

CWSOX45

So, Joe Nossek will take Manuel's place, I presume, which isn't a BAD thing.  Could spread some light on the fact that Nossek could be a good manager at this level.

Jerry will be peaking out of teh tunnel giving orders just like he does when he gets tossed out of a game. It's a home game he's choosing so they have ways of communicating.

Could spread some light

Ok, Heather, I am sorry, but I simply can't resist.

The phrase is "shed some light."

What one sheds, often in a dark place, is light.

What one speads, often in a dark place, is, ah, something other than, ah, light. :ph34r:

CWSOX45

Luckily it's against the Tigers...Whomever pitches in his spot is gonna get a relatively easy victory.

That's a little presumptuous, don't you think? There is a reason why the games are played on the field. Nothing at the pro level is certain.

LOL. I'm not worried about that either, I'm just pissed cuz he's on my fantasy team!

f*** those MLB bastards! :finger :finger

CWSOX45

My words exactly, CWSOX45.

This is total bulls***. Julio should have gotten suspended too. :finger

The difference is the both benches were warned after Julio hit Maggs. So, Colon hit Hairston after the warnings. But, I'm like Jason on this one. No one should be suspended. If anyone was it should have been Julio, since he was retaliating against Maggs because Maggs had been smoking the ball that day.

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh i knew this s*** would happen.... now tell me is there gonna be suspensions handed down from last nites bench clearing between oakland and the twins too???? of course not... it doesnt involve the sox so why would they........... :fyou mlb and this stupid s***..........go back to the days when players played and took their lumps too..........