For GOP only

Texsox

Well here we go. The MSM has really stepped up it's Obama in 2008 campaign. They are going nuts on this. CNN is saying McCain is going to start a new cold war with Russia, wow. Here we go. Turning tv off lol, they are getting really mad about any (even the most abstract) criticism of Obama by a Republican.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
Well here we go. The MSM has really stepped up it's Obama in 2008 campaign. They are going nuts on this. CNN is saying McCain is going to start a new cold war with Russia, wow. Here we go. Turning tv off lol, they are getting really mad about any (even the most abstract) criticism of Obama by a Republican.

Thanks for ignoring my last 2 posts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
Basically every network I've read the story at has some version of this clause in it.

Of all the networks, why would White House aides confide ANYTHING to CNN. If they can't name them, they are just rumors. That is bad as newspapers using 'Some say....' or 'Many feel...'. It just advances whatever position they feel like writing about.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
Thanks for ignoring my last 2 posts.

As far as the Gates thing he also said:

"my personal view would be we ought to look for ways outside of government to open up the channels and get more of a flow of people back and forth."

Not sure he is advocating giving Iran much of anything until they stop building nuclear weapons. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is basically a psycho, I'm not really sure what Obama thinks he will accomplish with the guy. Any promises Mahmoud Ahmadinejad makes will likely be broken.

As far as the second post, I saw it was a link to the Huffington post which is not a legit news source, so I didn't read it. The information they give is often misquoted and twisted around.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
Of all the networks, why would White House aides confide ANYTHING to CNN. If they can't name them, they are just rumors. That is bad as newspapers using 'Some say....' or 'Many feel...'. It just advances whatever position they feel like writing about.

'top secret source'

aka, we made it up.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)

Iran, Libya and North Korea do not equal Hamas and AlQueda. But hey, if Obama wants to go over there and try and convince them that it is wrong to behead people for daring to insult Islam, go for it. I just hope he ups his insurance policy, as I doubt he would make it back.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
Sorry, forgot which thread I was in.

However, senior administration officials said the president’s remarks are inclusive of Obama and other Democrats who would negotiate with Iran, Syria or other terrorist-sponsoring states.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 15, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
note the word 'inclusive'. Obaby was acting as if he was singled out. So Bush is correct, Obama wasn't targeted, appeasing liberals were. If he self-identifies with that group, oh well.

Please. You know exactly how this game works. The comments were targeted at Dems in general, Obama and Carter specifically. They left it unspecific, with the following denials, so that they can say they aren't interfering in the campaign. And that little trap you just laid, about self-identifying, is exactly the reaction they wanted. This was all well-scripted, and all part of the game.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 15, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
They left it unspecific, with the following denials, so that they can say they aren't interfering in the campaign. And that little trap you just laid, about self-identifying, is exactly the reaction they wanted. This was all well-scripted, and all part of the game.

good evaluation of the situation.

I'd also be willing to bet that the Dems knew this was eventually going to happen and they already had their outrage scripted out and ready to go. "Ok, Biden will get REALLY mad and start swearing. Get in touch with hard working White voters. People will want to have a beer with him then. Ok, Pelosi will have a news conference and get really mad too."

manufactured outrage

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 15, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
Please. You know exactly how this game works. The comments were targeted at Dems in general, Obama and Carter specifically. They left it unspecific, with the following denials, so that they can say they aren't interfering in the campaign. And that little trap you just laid, about self-identifying, is exactly the reaction they wanted. This was all well-scripted, and all part of the game.

Almost Rove-like. Scary.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 15, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
good evaluation of the situation.

I'd also be willing to bet that the Dems knew this was eventually going to happen and they already had their outrage scripted out and ready to go. "Ok, Biden will get REALLY mad and start swearing. Get in touch with hard working White voters. People will want to have a beer with him then. Ok, Pelosi will have a news conference and get really mad too."

manufactured outrage

That's probably about right. Maybe not quite in that level of detail, but something like it. I guess you could call the first move (Bush) manufactured controversy, and then the Dem reaction manufactured outrage.

I still don't see why the President of the United States used the 60th anniversary of Israel's independence as a global stage to bash Democrats. It was tactless and unnecessary. He's not Terry McCauliffe or David Axelrod in the middle of a campaign. There was no reason for him to air laundry while in a foreign nation.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 15, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
There was no reason for him to air laundry while in a foreign nation.

exactly. He basically stood in front of the entire world and said "this guys has no idea what he is doing. He will make the world less safe".

Ironically, from what I have read, Obama is FAR more respected internationally than Hillary or McCain.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 15, 2008 -> 05:57 PM)
exactly. He basically stood in front of the entire world and said "this guys has no idea what he is doing. He will make the world less safe".

Ironically, from what I have read, Obama is FAR more respected internationally than Hillary or McCain.

McCain is popular in Israel. But they don't get to vote in our elections. Just like the rest of the world.

Bush is a jack-ass for making these comments in the context of where he made them. That rhetoric is pure bull s***.

And this comes from someone who usually supports Bush in things relating to the "war on terror".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 16, 2008 -> 08:28 AM)
Sorry Kap. You shouldn't be in here anymore.

No, but you shouldn't be. Kap can have an opinion and there would be a disucssion amoung those of us GOPer's/moderates on whats right or wrong...and we might ahve to agree to disagree or whatever...but I assure you the thread wouldn't be filled with Huffington post links and the like. If everything running through your body screams "liberal" Why would you be in the GOP thread if not to stir the pot? I mean seriously...

CC has a point, I have an opinion myself but I haven't chimed in for that reason (although I'm more like NSS72 than BigSqwert). However, if not here, where else are we going to have this discussion or others like it? There's no thread on this latest subject and maybe there should be. And there are other things posted that people want to challenge but don't, and if they do, they get chastised for doing it in the wrong place.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 16, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
CC has a point, I have an opinion myself but I haven't chimed in for that reason (although I'm more like NSS72 than BigSqwert). However, if not here, where else are we going to have this discussion or others like it? There's no thread on this latest subject and maybe there should be. And there are other things posted that people want to challenge but don't, and if they do, they get chastised for doing it in the wrong place.

So you're not that handsome? :lolhitting

I kid because I can. :)

Seriously, after all of the things I have seen GWB called and compared to over the past 7.5 years, there is some nerve being pissed off about this. Every day on the campaign trail stuff is said similar to this. Maybe if both of the Dems whole platform wasn't based off of Bush's term, they woudl have some room to complain. Now Bush does the samething and all of the sudden he is bad for it? Yeah, nothing is going to change if Obama wins, because he is the exact same politician as Hillary and George... An opportunist looking to make something out of anything. Change my ass.