For GOP only

Texsox

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2...0620123425.aspx

Dobbs of CNN calls for Bush to be impeached because of salmonella outbreak.

haha

I though that was hysterical. i saw it yesterday. Tomatoes? Out want to throw the guy out over tomatoes? I knew Dobbs was looney, but this tops the cake.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 06:42 PM)
http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2...0620123425.aspx

Dobbs of CNN calls for Bush to be impeached because of salmonella outbreak.

haha

Well, don't you know it's Bush's fault? Mr. Global Warming told me that everything bad happening in the world is because Bush is president. I think Bush should be impeached because my Grandma died last year from old age. It was obviously his fault.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 11:58 PM)
Well, don't you know it's Bush's fault? Mr. Global Warming told me that everything bad happening in the world is because Bush is president. I think Bush should be impeached because my Grandma died last year from old age. It was obviously his fault.

You're right! I mean, the Goracle (or Johnny Kerry) would have saved her because we would have had "universal health care" to take care of all the sick. I mean, I'm not trying to make light of your grandma passing or anything - but we all know that if the Democrats were in control, everyone and everything will be SAVED! And furthermore, they would have implemented their global COOLING policy. The climate would be back to normal already! Those damn Republicans... they screw EVERYTHING up.

Earlier I mantioned that Obama and his party would try to play the race card. I was mocked, that wouldn't happen, I was told. I said that they would do it and try to not be so obvious about it. I was wrong, they aren't even trying to hide it now. He's accusing republicans of racism before anythign even happens. Nice way to smear your opponent ahead of time.

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id...36-b4296f2553f1

“It is going to be very difficult for Republicans to run on their stewardship of the economy or their outstanding foreign policy,” Obama told a fundraiser in Jacksonville, Florida. “We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run. They’re going to try to make you afraid.

“They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black?”

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
Earlier I mantioned that Obama and his party would try to play the race card. I was mocked, that wouldn't happen, I was told. I said that they would do it and try to not be so obvious about it. I was wrong, they aren't even trying to hide it now. He's accusing republicans of racism before anythign even happens. Nice way to smear your opponent ahead of time.

No surprise here at all. But I'm sure the Democrat Messiah will get the free pass on this.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)

Sold by a vender at the Texes Republican Convention...

Obama%20Button0001.JPG

Sold by an Online Vender...

The Obama Sock Monkey

sockobamaweb.jpg

Oh, and this too...

38861616.jpg

He never said the GOP itself would say he's black. He said his republican opponents woud.

It's already started. Not "hardcore" yet, but on the fringes.

And already the "core" is trying to exploit fear of his middle name. Must I remind you of Bill "Barack Hussein Obama" Cunningham and Ann "B. Hussein Obama" Coultergeist.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 01:17 PM)
He is setting up any criticism of him and his record as racism. He has learned well from his mentors at his (former) church.

He didnt event REMOTELY say that! He said people will try to make you afraid of him for reasons OTHER than his policy. His name and race WILL come up and he was pointing that out. It already HAS and it will again in the future.

Of course. Keep defending the pure, holy

By the way, I think if ANYONE, regardless of party, exploits this, it's a joke. The guy has plenty of crap to talk about regarding policy alone, and that's what the discussions should be held to. I think EITHER side playing the race card (either promoting that he's an African American, or that he will lose because of it, either way) is terrible for America. Unfortunately, this presidential race is rapidly starting to head toward this.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 01:20 PM)
He didnt event REMOTELY say that! He said people will try to make you afraid of him for reasons OTHER than his policy. His name and race WILL come up and he was pointing that out. It already HAS and it will again in the future.

He's playing both sides of the fence, just like Jesse and Al do all of the time. If I didn't know the economy would be torched by an Obama Presidency even worse than what has been done so far, I would almost want him to win so that I wouldn't have to be fed this one way racism crap anymore. Racism is a two way street. Exploiting your own race, is as bad as exploiting another's race because it reinforces the same racial divides. If you want true equality and true erasing of the racial lines in this country, stop using them as an offense AND as a defense. I'd have much more respect for Obama if he said something as simple as "In the 21st century America, race should not matter, and I won't dignify those people with a response, because I want to talk about the things that really matter."

Obama going right back to the democratic playbook: Call the mean, old, out of touch republicans a bunch of racists. For a "new kind of politician", he spews an awful lot of old party cliches. In fact, just about every word he says is an old party cliche. Wish somebody would listen to the actual words instead of the way they are delivered and how the person who delivers them looks.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Obama going right back to the democratic playbook: Call the mean, old, out of touch republicans a bunch of racists. For a "new kind of politician", he spews an awful lot of old party cliches. In fact, just about every word he says is an old party cliche. Wish somebody would listen to the actual words instead of the way they are delivered and how the person who delivers them looks.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

and

:notworthy

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nathan-burchf...works-ignore-it

BMIâ€s Menefee: Countrywide Story ‘Has Everything,†but Networks Ignore It

By Nathan Burchfiel | June 23, 2008 - 15:11 ET

The network news outlets - ABC, CBS and NBC - have missed a great opportunity to cover actual political news in the last week by failing to report on the loan scandal surrounding two Democratic senators, Business & Media Institute Managing Editor Amy Menefee told "Fox & Friends Weekend" June 21.

"This story has everything," Menefee said. "It has a former presidential candidate, Chris Dodd. It has two senators who are getting, like you said, sweetheart loans. It has Kent Conrad, another senator, who called the CEO of the lender to get his loan, which is not what we normally do, and then said, ‘Oh, I didn't get any preferential treatment and I didn't do anything wrong, but I'm going to give a charitable donation to remedy the fact that I didn't do anything wrong.'"

Menefee said it was "very sad" that the networks failed to report the scandal - not just because they refused to go after two Democrats, but because they missed an opportunity to expose the bailout plan Dodd has been defending.

"Chris Dodd keeps saying it's all for homeowners, it's not going to benefit the lenders. But it is going to benefit the lenders," Menefee said. "It's a $300-billion package to help them get some money back on these bad loans that they made."

The more-government approach prevents the market from working the problems out. "f a lender makes a bad decision, makes a bad loan ... if he doesn't suffer the consequences of that, the market's not going to correct itself," Menefee said. "They're just going to look for more government handouts."

"And of course government-backed loans like they want to do with the Federal Housing Administration - guess what it means when they say â˜government-backed,'" she added, "[it] is your money and my money going behind that loan."

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)

For months I was hearing "wait till the Republicans go after Obama...what Hillary is saying is nothing".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 06:08 AM)
For months I was hearing "wait till the Republicans go after Obama...what Hillary is saying is nothing".

More of the same old Democratic fear mongering. Most of that was being said by Hillary herself, to try to convince people that she was a more viable candidate. The same kind of crap is being spewed now about the 527's, dispite the sizable cash advantage the Dems have there.

My new favorite saying!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121383480806486899.html

Arthur Laffer speaking last month to graduates of Mercer University:

Pursuing your dream of prospering will benefit everyone . . . When I graduated from Yale University, we had a serious commencement speaker not like the one you are stuck with today. The commencement speaker was President John F. Kennedy. And the point I'm making today is the same point he made all those years ago. He said, "No American is ever made better off by pulling a fellow American down, and all of us are made better off whenever any one of us is made better off." He concluded by using the analogy that "a rising tide raises all boats."

Never forget or be ashamed of the fact that pursuing your own self interest furthers everyone's interest. Without you, the poor would be poorer.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11289.html

http://www.politico.com/homeloans/

After the Dodd and Conrad influence-peddling, Politico went and asked each of the Senators about their mortgages and how they were obtained. Not much was admitted, but some interesting numbers came out none the less. 23 senators have refused to answer the survey, while 28 more are saying they have no mortgages.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11289.html

http://www.politico.com/homeloans/

After the Dodd and Conrad influence-peddling, Politico went and asked each of the Senators about their mortgages and how they were obtained. Not much was admitted, but some interesting numbers came out none the less. 23 senators have refused to answer the survey, while 28 more are saying they have no mortgages.

Am I missing something? I thought there are only 50 senators.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
it's ok, everyone makes mistakes. Obama thought there was 57 states.

:usa

I bet that was one of those sentence that we ALL have that when you finish the sentence you think to yourself "hmmm... that wasnt right. oh well, i'll just press on".