Official Blackhawks Thread

I thought this was quite interesting from what Patrick Sharp said (doesn't really bode well for Trent Yawney);

Every team has some sort of system," Sharp said recently. "But when you get the puck here, it's more or less freewheeling and relying on your skill. In Philadelphia it was totally X's and O's, and there was a place for every time someone did something."

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
I see Al Mogilny just got dumped by the Devils.... maybe the Hawks should look at getting him and see if he can't help this lackluster offense...

The Hawks would try to turn him into a checking forward.

When an aging scorer gets dumped, there's usually a reason.

The Hawks have tried in the past to revive aging scorers, usually with poor results ( Wendel Clark, Rick Vaive, Tony McKegney ). The only successful "revival project" I can think of was Michel Goulet.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
I see Al Mogilny just got dumped by the Devils.... maybe the Hawks should look at getting him and see if he can't help this lackluster offense...

He doesn't work hard enough to get into scoring areas. And with this team, you need to work way harder than when he was with Toronto etc.

Im a Die Hard hockey fan, and i gave up on the Hawks, and the the NHL a long time ago. This isn't even a proffesional sport anymore. Penalties should not decide whether a team wins or loses a game because somebody accidently tapped an oppostion with a stick. They need to get rid of this sill hook garbage because THE nhl is more boring than ever.

With the former NHL, a 1-1 tie, or a 2-1 win, 1-0 win meant a hard fought game, and the teams worked for their goals. They didnt get to set up a powere play every two minutes because a guy got hit with a stick. ITS f***IN HOCKEY!!!

They took away the physical part of the game, and that is where games should be won and lost, not on f***in power play goals.

The new NHL is bulls***, and GO WOLVES!!!

Edited by Random

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
The Hawks would try to turn him into a checking forward.

When an aging scorer gets dumped, there's usually a reason.

The Hawks have tried in the past to revive aging scorers, usually with poor results ( Wendel Clark, Rick Vaive, Tony McKegney ). The only successful "revival project" I can think of was Michel Goulet.

Doug Gilmoure

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
You know they tested the new rules in the A right?  Plus, incase you didnt notice the AHL is ALOT slower than the NHL.  But apparently you're a fan of gimmicks over talent.

After watching many Hawks games, and many Wolves games, there are far more penalties called in NHL games.

And, it is hard to be a fan of talent when i am a hawks fan.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
You know they tested the new rules in the A right?  Plus, incase you didnt notice the AHL is ALOT slower than the NHL.  But apparently you're a fan of gimmicks over talent.

You're such a fan of talent why do you still follow the Slackhawks?

LOL!!!!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
You're such a fan of talent why do you still follow the Slackhawks?

LOL!!!!

When did I say the Hawks were talented? The NHL is more talented than the AHL, and given the opportunity the Hawks would beat the Wolves by 6 or 7. There's a reason Steve Maltais and the like were on the Wolves, BECAUSE THEY SUCK. Maltais had 9 goals in 126 NHL games. But damn, did he ever tear it up in the I and the A. Hell, he scored 100 points 4 years in a row. What talent they have down there in the minors...

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
When did I say the Hawks were talented?  The NHL is more talented than the AHL, and given the opportunity the Hawks would beat the Wolves by 6 or 7.  There's a reason Steve Maltais and the like were on the Wolves, BECAUSE THEY SUCK.  Maltais had 9 goals in 126 NHL games.  But damn, did he ever tear it up in the I and the A.  Hell, he scored 100 points 4 years in a row.  What talent they have down there in the minors...

Don't bother, this is the worst argument ever. It's not worth your time.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Another gritty, hard-fought one-goal loss/moral victory for our West Madison St. Warriors.

9 in a row on the right-hand side, if you care.....

I do care. I want them to lose as much as possible so maybe the fans will vote with their wallets and stop handing Dollar Bill their money.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Another gritty, hard-fought one-goal loss/moral victory for our West Madison St. Warriors.

9 in a row on the right-hand side, if you care.....

They played well, they just don't have any talent. Except for Ruutu, who did everything he could to make this team a bit better. Other than him and Duncan Keith, there isn't much to get excited about.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Looks like I overestimated how long Ruutu would stay in the lineup. I knew I shouldnt give any of the Hawks benefit of the doubt.

True, but to defend Ruutu, this was a freak injury and unrelated to any previous problems he had.

Still, though, that kid is snakebitten, and so is that franchise.

Scratch that - the franchise is f***ed from the top down. Ruutu is snakebitten.